ELO Bev Bevan kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELO Bev Bevan kit

I currently play in a 10 CC and ELO tribute band and would love to get a custom kit especially for Bev Bevan. Has anyone created one or can point me in the right direction? Apparently a lot of the drums were double tracked with distance miking and a ton of compression with zero reverb or fx.

What module?
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

All I remember is hating the sound of drums on elo. Awful flabby sound and a horrible trashy snare. They did some good songs though.
      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

TD20 Module

Comment

and yes I agree with you mkok but we are a tribute band after all

Comment

Yeah a tight snare just wouldn’t sound right on elo songs. Used to do mr blue sky in a cover band. Always enjoyed playing it. Some great songs to choose from 10cc
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

I think you'd love some stuff from our Master Picks packs, but would desire to add more compression and reverb. Bottom line is, they are much more warm and classic sounding. Additionally, you can choose all the instruments you like from the various kits, and copy them into your own custom kit. Slap on some heavy compression, push the ambiance, and you should be good to go.

Is your 20 expanded? (20X or TDW added?) How do you run your unit for shows? Master outs? Direct outs?
              Alan

Comment

Hi Alan, Thanks for the reply. Ive spent a bit of time using the slingerland kit on the Exotics pack and got a pretty nice sound with the standard snare, clear head no muffling. Ive never messed with the comp and reverb as it sounds fine the way it is. My unit is just the TD20 and I run all 8 direct outs through 2 x Thomann t-rack DI units. The sound guy loves the individual control

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
                I think you'd love some stuff from our Master Picks packs, but would desire to add more compression and reverb. Bottom line is, they are much more warm and classic sounding. Additionally, you can choose all the instruments you like from the various kits, and copy them into your own custom kit. Slap on some heavy compression, push the ambiance, and you should be good to go.

Is your 20 expanded? (20X or TDW added?) How do you run your unit for shows? Master outs? Direct outs?

Comment

Sounds like you’re set then. Since you’re running DOs from the 20, you’ll have to add any compression and ambiance externally... but it sounds like you’re already happy with the results.
                  Alan

Comment

Working...
                  X