Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland join forces with....

...Toontrack Superior Drummer.

Never mind this almost last decade 'SuperNatural' stuff.

Time for a total redesign and approach for Roland sounds.

There's no reason why an $8,000 set shouldn't have SD quality sounds built in.

Just dreamin'.

I know there will be almost instantaneous Mimic chatter added to this,
    but you shouldn't have to add $2,000 more on top of a $6 to 8,000 set to have realistic sounds.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

The reason why Roland sound like Roland it's because of their modeling, architecture, loading time, latency, low memory, for Roland these are untouchable. There is no vst on the planets can handle these function.
      Last edited by Chris K; 07-26-18, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Like I said...just dreamin'.

This is a wish list post. It's my wish.
        You have to admit, it would be frigin' awesome.

Roland HAS to make some serious sound changes eventually or they'll be left behind.
        As Roland's patents expire and other edrum manufacturers get a handle on design, quality control and dependability
        with lower prices, Roland is soon going to wish for the 'good old days' if they don't step it up. Alot.

This match up won't happen, but I'm sure this is just the beginning of the Mimic-type module.

Toontrack limits themselves with computer-required software and Roland limits themselves
        with their 'lab' sounds. I would think they both would be looking for ways to stay relevant past 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
          The reason why Roland sound like Roland it's because of their modeling, architecture, loading time, latency, low memory, for Roland these are untouchable. There is no vst on the planets can handle these function.
          But if they don't sound that good, does all that really matter, except for impatient drummers or playing live?

Comment

Originally posted by Perkussion View Post

But if they don't sound that good, does all that really matter, except for impatient drummers or playing live?
            For them yes, it took td50 before introducing sample imports without touching latency, they said that on Roland event, they could not before, while others had this long time ago.
            Last edited by Chris K; 07-26-18, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Roland will never dump their modeling engine. Thus, they will never dump their sound design. The sounds are highly modified for use with the engine. If Roland feels threatened, they will have to create a new platform. Personally, I doubt they ever will.
              Alan
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

According to my local L&M they are the #1 drum seller so they prolly feel they don't have to..
                Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

Knew it lol, before I even opened the thread.

Agreed with a few others here; Roland will ride COSM till the wheels fall off.

Not even a superior drum module (pun intended) will threaten them. Why? Making the module is only a 3rd of the equation, if even that! You need huge marketing and more importantly, huge distribution before you'll even make a dent on Roland.

Reminder that getting the Mimic Pro stocked in the UK is still impossible to this day. How long has it been!? Its an international waiting list at best, yet I can walk into any music shop in any town and play a number of Roland VDrum kits.

Yamaha is still the closest rival, and when was the last time anybody got excited about a DTX module?

I'll join in the wishing though, for a Toontrack partnership of any kind.
                  ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
                  ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                  PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Bobvan View Post
                    According to my local L&M they are the #1 drum seller so they prolly feel they don't have to..
                    That what I always said, they won't change no need too until pocket hurts, any new kit close to Roland price people go with Roland in general, the pad\triggers proven are the most reliable on the market, only the name Roland sell, they have been longtime in this business. The market don't breath much anymore there is too much.
                    Last edited by Chris K; 07-26-18, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kabonfaiba View Post

Reminder that getting the Mimic Pro stocked in the UK is still impossible to this day. How long has it been!? Its an international waiting list at best
                      Order one from us at 1900 usd there is plenty, things are going to another level soon, behind the scene is a dream come true, 20 years of waiting is ending finally for me.
                      Last edited by Chris K; 07-26-18, 10:04 PM.

Comment

... things are going to another level soon, behind the scene is a dream come true, 20 years of waiting is ending finally for me.

can't wait to update the firmware, and maybe order ATV snare

is VH-12 ok to play with MIMIC pro or do i need to upgrade that too ? thanks.

Comment

Order one from us at 1900 usd there is plenty, things are going to another level soon, behind the scene is a dream come true, 20 years of waiting is ending finally for me.
                          It will indeed have to be heavily discounted for me to consider a US purchase; to make up for the customs, tax, postage, and years of warranty concerns I'll face doing that.

I always hope for the best but plan for the worst. So if the Mimic doesn't switch on one day (I don't expect amazing reliability, more complex = more likely to break) given track record, I would want to know how much it's going to cost me upfront.
                          ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
                          ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
                          PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

I was lucky I got mine for approx 2600 CAD with 2 year warranty right from the store.
                            Tama Arstar TM6 Pro 2X PD85's

Comment

You can order from Gear4music in the U.K (York) or Thoman which are German but are really good. There is also drum-tec which are good. Iíve bought from all three and the service has been brilliant
                              Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
                              X