Mimic-like percussion pad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post

No argument. SO, just MIDI a TM2 or SP404 or any other sampler off it if you need to play entire backing tracks or whatever. Ultimate flexibility.
    That's why I'm still trying to dig out some info on USB compatibility for the Multi... And that could be my wish, a sampling pad with all of these features... Is it too much to ask for?
    A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW

Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers

Comment

Originally posted by MilosDrummer View Post

That's why I'm still trying to dig out some info on USB compatibility for the Multi... And that could be my wish, a sampling pad with all of these features... Is it too much to ask for?
      USB compatibilty? Why? I don't understand. You don't need USB to connect a sampler. Use MIDI. The Mult12 has DIN MIDI IN and OUT.

If, on the other hand, you want to connect a computer, you can use the USB interface on the Multi12 if you want to. Get cable, plug into your PC.
      *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
      Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Loads o' synth modules. And...a uke or three.

Comment

electrodrummer, i still find my dtx-m12 pads not very sensitive compare to my spd-30 pads, i set it up to fingers type but using sticks in still cannot do dynamics or even with fingers... maybe my dtx-m12 pads have problem

Comment

Iíve been following this as well and looked at the comparisons on YouTube. I used to have a handsonic but never got on with it that well. I preferred being able to hit with sticks like I had done on my spd8. There was no way I could hit those little pads with sticks! Iíve been looking round for a sample pad but the Roland just doesnít justify the money and the Alesis are slow to load and as most of there percussion stuff not quite there.

I was was really liking the Dtx m12 but the memory is a real limiter for me. Shame though as it looks good fun.
          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post
            electrodrummer, i still find my dtx-m12 pads not very sensitive compare to my spd-30 pads, i set it up to fingers type but using sticks in still cannot do dynamics or even with fingers... maybe my dtx-m12 pads have problem
            Should be like this:

Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Loads o' synth modules. And...a uke or three.

Comment

Originally posted by mkok View Post
              I was was really liking the Dtx m12 but the memory is a real limiter for me..
              So, just MIDI a sample player off it like the TM2. Problem solved, and still less in total (and more flexible) than a SPDsx

Comment

USB compatibilty? Why? I don't understand. You don't need USB to connect a sampler. Use MIDI. The Mult12 has DIN MIDI IN and OUT.

If, on the other hand, you want to connect a computer, you can use the USB interface on the Multi12 if you want to. Get cable, plug into your PC.
                My goal is to avoid using a sampler or any other additional instrument, that's why it caught my attention that some people (on e-bay, specifically) say the Multi can use USB sticks as a storage expansion. It's still not a deal breaker for me if it can't, just discussing the options. For sure, adding a sampler is an obvious solution, and connecting to a computer or an ipad has already been mentioned.

For me, the spd-sx is just too limited with having no sequencer, no velocity layering, no hh input etc. On the other hand, yammie has limited outputs, limited efx control, and limited storage... All this has been going on for almost ten years, why hasn't anyone made a device to solve these issues and make a real portable sampling/looping/percussion station that many computer softwares emulate since many years ago? So close, yet still annoyingly far and not up-to-date with current demand... Or is it just me?
                A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW

Comment

Yammy uses USB sticks to load samples. It can't however, play samples direct from the sticks, more's the pity.
                  Yammy does have squillions of efx options.
                  Yammy does need more memory - that's all it needs, really, and if Yamaha released a 4GB Multi12+ (or one that can play samples from SD cards) they'd own the market. I don't know why they haven't - they've been slow. They have released the EAD10 a few months ago and a new DTX402 only today, so they're still doing stuff.

Still, I do say that a Multi12 with a TM2 (or SP404 or equivalent) is the complete solution for 99% of users, for everything from percussion to mini drum kit to sample player.

Comment

Thanx for the clarification on the USB usage, it makes sense that it works the same as on DTX900. Too much wishful thinking, I guess...

Yammy does have squillions of efx options.
                    I was refering to knobs for realtime control, been using the ones on spd-sx for ages, and it does grow on you. I understand that Multi has many efx options, and even pad-controlled switching, but I guess the sound guy side of me just likes turning knobs ​​​​​​​

Comment

Iíve done the using two units in the past but I would prefer a single unit. For me Iím not desperate to get anything yet. This just got me interested although if one appears cheap enough 2nd hand Iíd consider it.
                      Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

To update this thread, and to add another wish... Today I finally tried the Multi hands-on. Great device, loads of useful stuff... and a deal breaker. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to play a sequence on one kit and than to switch kits with the seq still playing. Coming from ages of using roland, this is unacceptable and un-understandable. The unit is signed at 2016, and I reckon it has all the updates, but is there a chance that a more recent update solves this? Anyhow, the desire for an all-round sampling pad remains unanswered here, and brings one more detail to the list of functions I reckon are normal for a modern device.

Comment

I agree there doesnít seem to be anything out there that fulfills all your needs or mine.

Comment

Originally posted by MilosDrummer View Post
                            To update this thread, and to add another wish... Today I finally tried the Multi hands-on. Great device, loads of useful stuff... and a deal breaker. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to play a sequence on one kit and than to switch kits with the seq still playing. Coming from ages of using roland, this is unacceptable and un-understandable. The unit is signed at 2016, and I reckon it has all the updates, but is there a chance that a more recent update solves this? Anyhow, the desire for an all-round sampling pad remains unanswered here, and brings one more detail to the list of functions I reckon are normal for a modern device.
                            Switch kits with sequence running... Yes you can - always been able to do that with a DTX. What's the issue?

Comment

If using sticks isn't essential maybe check out this multipad gizmo:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAFw0JCgQQM
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIpb...x0FQmA&index=7

Comment

Switch kits with sequence running... Yes you can - always been able to do that with a DTX. What's the issue?
                                I simply wasn't able to switch kits without interrupting the sequence, nor was I able to find any settings which could enable this... Again, It was my first and rather short contact with the Multi 12 so I could've missed something.

Originally posted by RhysT View Post
                                If using sticks isn't essential maybe check out this multipad gizmo:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAFw0JCgQQM
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIpb...x0FQmA&index=7
                                I know about this, thanx. I use the spd-sx primarily as an addition to A or E drums, and often as a standalone compact E kit, but always with sticks.

Comment

Working...
                                X