Additional sizes from ATV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional sizes from ATV

I wish either there was a way to get drum-tec shells easier or that ATV would release additional sizes of shells that would be the same sizes of the drum-tec pro line (the piano black and white ones). That paired with their cymbals is starting to look like the best way to get exactly what I want...... any info towards that?

i think it is just weird that the only company that offers multiple sizes is Alesis (whose sizes I would love), but no one likes their quality...
    Last edited by bworkman; 05-05-18, 04:32 PM.

Would love to see that too but they seemed focused on the new budget lines right now.
    Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

Would love to see them release the aD5 I/O add-on as well.

Comment

What you get for the money is just so good. The regular pack for 2400 or the expanded pack for 3400. You could use their module and run it to a vst, or get the mimic instead. Just would prefer to have the different diameters. I don’t have to have the depths, but would like the different widths... just really wanting to mirror my former acoustic set with an 8, 10, and 12 Tom up.

i couldnt afford it all at once, but knowing I could expanded it over time would probably get me to purchase it now...

It is disappointing that Alesis is the only other company that makes an 8, 10, 12”, and 14” tom other than drum-tec. Was hoping Pearl would introduce something that had all four sizes, but they didn’t. Still holding out hope that roland release additional sizes next week.
        Last edited by bworkman; 05-05-18, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
          me too

Comment

me three ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by molson View Post
              Is this a thing they have promised? I am deciding between purchasing the basic kit and then the a5 and saving a $1000 or the Pearl mimic. One reason I am thinking the mimic is the available aux inputs. My dream ATV set is bigger than the a5 will currently hold (3 toms up and one down and 2 crashes, one china and one splash, and a couple of black rubber pads for whatever I want), so I am bothered by buying a module that from the start might be too small. But if there is a promise of an expansion later down the road, then I might change my mind. I am not a professional drummer, so the need to mix and layer my sounds is not a need/must for me. Just a module with great sounds that I can play along with mp3's is really all i need.
              Last edited by bworkman; 05-11-18, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bworkman View Post

Is this a thing they have promised? I am deciding between purchasing the basic kit and then the a5 and saving a $1000 or the Pearl mimic. One reason I am thinking the mimic is the available aux inputs. My dream ATV set is bigger than the a5 will currently hold (3 toms up and one down and 2 crashes, one china and one splash, and a couple of black rubber pads for whatever I want), so I am bothered by buying a module that from the start might be too small. But if there is a promise of an expansion later down the road, then I might change my mind. I am not a professional drummer, so the need to mix and layer my sounds is not a need/must for me. Just a module with great sounds that I can play along with mp3's is really all i need.
                There was an image on their website that has since been removed. Some were told at NAMM that it would be available later this year.
                https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...54#post1182954

Comment

Thanks!! I am working my way thru that thread, to “catch myself up”. Hadn’t gotten there yet... that would make it far more appealing to purchase...

Comment

I would like to see an atv expansion that does not use a cable snake and gives you 10 more inputs,it could be like a box that connects to the ad5 or maybe some kind of docking station.Call it the ad10 or something or maybe even make an ad5 2 that has the same amount of inputs as the mimic and no cable snake.For new drum sizes maybe add a 14 inch floor tom and 12 inch tom.

Comment

I think they will add the additional tom sizes... You don't have that many cymbal sizes and only two tom sizes. I think it is a matter of time.

Comment

Your wish came true!
                        Roland TD-12 + SD3 + Drum-tec stainless steel Pro snare, ATV 18” ride & some basic Roland pads.

Comment

Originally posted by ilmagodiloz View Post
                          Your wish came true!
                          No it didn't, Pro-drums don't come in black laquer (you can get it wrapped), it has a different badge and, I think, another type of lugs.

Comment

Yes, but “SLIGHTLY more expensive. So based on the info I got the basic configuration will cost 1000-1500 more than that of the existing set. And the expanded configuration will cost $2000 more than the existing one.

I think their idea of people switching out heads and going back and forth from accoustic and electric is wishful thinking. People are just going to have two sets. They are not going to go thru that exercise everytime. That just wanted to come up with an excuse to go to maple shells. They should have just stuck with the birch shells and saved the money.
                            Last edited by bworkman; 02-02-19, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bworkman View Post
                              Yes,
                              NO, it doesn't. Why would Mike otherwise talk about wrapping (black) the pro-drums.
                              Last edited by Animalglx; 02-02-19, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X