Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• josecarlo1129
    replied
    I really like the module a lot in terms of triggering and sound authenticity but my wish for this is more like of a cosmetic interface, like when you switch it on, there must be like a personal log-in that can lead you to the module settings.

Leave a comment:

• EssKayKay
    replied
    Originally posted by Blades View Post
    Hey Alan...I have written a few times about helping them update that pretty but outdated website but haven't even gotten a courtesy "were not interested" or even a "we got your message" email. It's not even mobile friendly.

I am sure you have better contacts than I have.
    I too have contacted them regarding an issue and suggestion I had with their website. I never heard back from them - no thank you, no got it, no good idea, no no way buddy, no nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Originally posted by Blades View Post
    Hey Alan...I have written a few times about helping them update that pretty but outdated website but haven't even gotten a courtesy "were not interested" or even a "we got your message" email. It's not even mobile friendly.

It’s like they add a few pages every year, but haven’t updated any of them since. I mean, there are pages there that I saw back in 2004 that haven’t changed one bit. Not even kidding.

Leave a comment:

• Blades
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Originally posted by TWynn View Post

May I ask what would that "realistic acoustic" setup be/looks like? I might be just right behind you...
    Not sure. Waiting to see how the ATV pro kit looks and triggers. Should see something this month... not that I can afford it.

Leave a comment:

• TWynn
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
    Now, if I can just find some room and money for the damn realistic acoustic setup I want.
    May I ask what would that "realistic acoustic" setup be/looks like? I might be just right behind you...

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    I think I’m going to contact Pearl’s IT department. They need help. I mean, it’s only common sense that firmware updates and accompanying documentation should be together in the form of a zip file. WTH It’s like they have newbs running that department. Sure, it’s pretty, but functionality has been thrown out the window with that whole website.

Leave a comment:

• JmanWord
    replied
    Originally posted by cobaltdrive View Post
    No wonder I don't know these things; my User Manual is version 1.07 and only goes to page 60! Will download the latest version.
    Thanks as always Jman!
    You bet .... yeah, whenever there is a new OS they put out a new manual. So just remember to download the manual when you do updates....

Leave a comment:

• cobaltdrive
    replied
    No wonder I don't know these things; my User Manual is version 1.07 and only goes to page 60! Will download the latest version.
    Thanks as always Jman!

Leave a comment:

• JmanWord
    replied
    Capture.PNG
    Thanks Chris. I went to the Routing page on my Mimic and see that I can reroute all the instruments, Click, Aux, etc... into stereo 3/4, etc... but am not sure how that can give me a Home screen with the same functions for a Master Mix out to my monitor and to my board as for Headphones. An example of what I'd be looking for is on the Mixer page on the Mimic. You can select either Phones Mix (blue) or Master Mix (green) with a simple press of a button and you get the same functionality for both. What I'd hope for is the Home screen to offer the same ability to choose between Phones and Master.
    From page 75 of the User Manual:
    4. Send HP Mix To Master Out & Disable Master Mixer - this function makes your mimic
    pro master out to be a full clone of your headphones out (including all the volume controls like aux input, song player etc) That is useful if you prefer to use your PA connected to master out instead of headphones. With this function enabled you can control your PA volume with data wheel knob, and use all other home page controls.
    Last edited by JmanWord; 01-09-20, 09:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cobaltdrive
    replied
    Thanks Chris. I went to the Routing page on my Mimic and see that I can reroute all the instruments, Click, Aux, etc... into stereo 3/4, etc... but am not sure how that can give me a Home screen with the same functions for a Master Mix out to my monitor and to my board as for Headphones. An example of what I'd be looking for is on the Mixer page on the Mimic. You can select either Phones Mix (blue) or Master Mix (green) with a simple press of a button and you get the same functionality for both. What I'd hope for is the Home screen to offer the same ability to choose between Phones and Master.

Leave a comment:

• Chris K
    replied
    I may have missed how to change this and it may have already been noted but having the Home screen adjustments exclusively for headphones is basically worthless for those of us who run our Mimics through a PA live. As far as I can tell it's impossible to adjust the Aux In, Click and Player on the fly and I'd like to use all of these while practicing, rehearsing and gigging. It seems very strange to have a module geared primarily for headphone use when the kits are so amazing live.
    Maybe I just haven't figured out how to change this?
    All these can be for headphone or master out, there is option on routing and monitor out.

Leave a comment:

• cobaltdrive
    replied
    I may have missed how to change this and it may have already been noted but having the Home screen adjustments exclusively for headphones is basically worthless for those of us who run our Mimics through a PA live. As far as I can tell it's impossible to adjust the Aux In, Click and Player on the fly and I'd like to use all of these while practicing, rehearsing and gigging. It seems very strange to have a module geared primarily for headphone use when the kits are so amazing live.
    Maybe I just haven't figured out how to change this?

Leave a comment:

• Alan VEX
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post
    I fear that is not about Slate. It's a Pearl product, don't forget it =)
    Yea, I may not have conveyed that well enough, but I know from behind the scenes Pearl is dragging their feet as well. It's a shame they don't realize what a wonderful and highly in-demand product they have at their fingertips; and it's a shame they do not promote it as much as they should. It's also a shame they don't read these forums like Roland. (oh hai, Roland )

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Boo
    replied
    I fear that is not about Slate. It's a Pearl product, don't forget it =)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X