Wishlist for Mimic Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post

New update v1.0.9, improve the wav imports dynamic, should be instantaneous change. http://pearl-electronics-support.com...D5e17dSVZPWyys
    Yes, this was one of the first things I tried with the new version and I'm very happy with how they play now, it's a huge improvement!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pulsc View Post

Yes, this was one of the first things I tried with the new version and I'm very happy with how they play now, it's a huge improvement!
      And if you use range fader even more control. Check all log change end of manual, fast kit load, mic solo to isolate mic and eq\comp them, individual bell tune\volume, same for snare crosstick\rim etc..
      Last edited by Chris K; 09-14-19, 04:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris K View Post

And if you use range fader even more control.
        Yes, I did that! Makes a much larger difference than it used to now!

Comment

• id like to see seemless interaction with atv pads

Comment

• Originally posted by Robsnsx View Post
            id like to see seemless interaction with atv pads
            atv drums is probably the kit that is most used with mimic pro and it's a match made in heaven. I'm not sure what "seemless interaction" you are looking for, it works 101% great =)
            Last edited by Mr.Boo; 09-30-19, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• ATV preset are included inside it can help you, https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...riggers-preset

Sadly, there is no 100% plugs and play kit, impossible. Each kit came often with loose mesh from manufacture, instruction tell to tune them properly, default preset would not works. Each one play different (soft or harder), each one use different stick weight ( it change sensor signal calibration) each one have different hihat stand and clutch position which change the close\open offset.

Last edited by Chris K; 10-02-19, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• The pearl mimic pro doesn't have snare-off? That's a shame.
                Dual Alesis Module Drum Set (DM10(BlueJay)+DM8+Trigger iO), Dual Layer Tennis Ball Drum Riser
                Shure SE215 IEM's, Simmons DA50 Amp, Alto Professional ZMX862 Mixer, Tama SpeedCobra Pedals, Vic Firth 7AN Sticks, Roc-N-Soc Original Throne

Comment

• Originally posted by soccerdude84 View Post
                  The pearl mimic pro doesn't have snare-off? That's a shame.
                  Would love to see a main screen button for snares off/on if they ever add snare off samples.
                  Pearl MIMIC Pro, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded

Comment

• Originally posted by molson View Post
                    Would love to see a main screen button for snares off/on if they ever add snare off samples.
                    Or maybe an unassigned "open" button where you could assign one of various options to it - one being snares off. Just an idea....

Comment

• I'm not sure how are you expect it to work.

Comment

• I think it would be good to have a snare off sample in there but I don't see how a button would work with a multi mic and velocity library. Yamaha had a dial on the pad but their modules are maybe 3 samples per drum. I am guessing the Mimic could easily have at least 600 samples for a snare.

Comment

• I'm not picky on how to turn the snares off, I would just make two kits side by side with the difference being snare-on/off. That's how I have it set up on my kit.
                          Dual Alesis Module Drum Set (DM10(BlueJay)+DM8+Trigger iO), Dual Layer Tennis Ball Drum Riser
                          Shure SE215 IEM's, Simmons DA50 Amp, Alto Professional ZMX862 Mixer, Tama SpeedCobra Pedals, Vic Firth 7AN Sticks, Roc-N-Soc Original Throne

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post
                            I'm not sure how are you expect it to work.
                            OKAY - probably not possible.

What I had in mind was Mimic would create a few options such as snares off, etc. that may be assigned to the “open” button (i.e., only one assignable option selected from a predetermined list). The user would not create the option simply select one from a list of pre-created functions.

Like I said, probably not possible – just dreaming.

Comment

• "The pearl mimic pro doesn't have snare-off? That's a shame."

PMP doesn't make pizza either. I'd hardly call it a shame. Import a one shot snare off .WAV. For all it's amazing features as well as the new updates I'm not complaining about snare off.

"atv drums is probably the kit that is most used with mimic pro and it's a match made in heaven. I'm not sure what "seemless interaction" you are looking for, it works 101% great =)"

Absolutely!
                              Last edited by Howstamychi; 10-02-19, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• How the hell do you compare a module not having a snare-off to not making pizza, like wtf?

Comment

Working...
                                X