No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Mimic Pro

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal player definitly needs ability to change playback speed of an audio files that comes from usb stick, in real time to work at full value !!! Working with certain part of the song sometime file/track should be played slower or faster when rehearsing. The only option now is to play back tracks in a loop mode. Urgently hope it will be done with the next update!
    Last edited by petr_drummer; 02-25-19, 06:32 AM.

Comment

• When play with external sounds via midi using VST drum plug in through mimic’‘’s aux in , both external and module’’’’’’’’ onboard sounds blends and one hearing them in head phones which is bad. If mimic could have ‘”’’’’’local control off’’’”’’’ function (like Roland’’’’’’s module) to hear VST’ external ’sounds only, there wouldn’’’’’’’’‘t be need to connect hp to computer’’’’’’’ phone jack but mp’’’’’3/4 head phone input.
      Last edited by petr_drummer; 03-03-19, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by petr_drummer View Post
        When play with external sounds via midi using VST drum plug in through mimic’‘’s aux in , both external and module’’’’’’’’ onboard sounds blends and one hearing them in head phones which is bad. If mimic could have ‘”’’’’’local control off’’’”’’’ function (like Roland’’’’’’s module) to hear VST’ external ’sounds only, there wouldn’’’’’’’’‘t be need to connect hp to computer’’’’’’’ phone jack but mp’’’’’3/4 head phone input.
        I just created a user kit with no sounds to solve that problem.
        Last edited by molson; 03-03-19, 09:58 PM.
        Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

Comment

• Originally posted by molson View Post

I just created a user kit with no sounds to solve that problem.
          How smart you're to do it! I didn't think this way. Thanks for the tip. But anyway, this function is required imho.
          Last edited by petr_drummer; 03-04-19, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• In addition to the afore-mentioned local control on/off function I'd also like MIDI over USB.
            Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

Comment

• loop/mute-group and tap/sync tempo functions like those on spd-sx ....

Comment

• More inputs, editor for multi-sample / multi-velocity sample imports, and an improved GUI for easier management. It’s already a great module, but it definitely needs a bit to be considered perfect.
                Roland TD-30 Module | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive Maple A2E w/ R-Drums RTS II & RTB Triggers | ATV aD Cymbals | Tama HW & Pedals

Comment

• If we are just thinking out loud I wish I could change what type of instruments are used for the Ride 1&2 inputs. Because I use mostly Yamaha cymbals. And I would like to be able to use ride 1 input as a ride but then use the 2nd input for a different type of instrument so I can add a tom. Right now I use a atv ride but I could easily buy a cable to make that works like the Yamaha. I only need 1 more input so I don't want to buy a midi trigger IO for that purpose.

Comment

• My personal wishlist after a couple of weeks with the module -

More options in the song player. Most notably, the option to stop it from automatically playing the next song in the list. A toggle for this continuous playback on/off would be handy. I am going to use the song player for backing tracks live but it instantly playing the next track means I'll have to stop each track manually between songs.

I don't *think* this is a current option, but footswitch support would be handy. I'd be happy to sacrifice a trigger input to make use of this if it was an option. Being able to map basic functions to it such as track stop/start or whatever would make it worthwhile.

More options for imported one-shot wavs. It seems that the dynamic range is super low for one-shots. When I layer one with a snare, for example, even the ghost notes trigger quite a loud version of the one-shot and the difference between this "quiet" hit and a full velocity hit isn't that large. Any additional options such as being able to set a fade point or even a volume velocity curve like the triggers would be great. I'm currently sticking with using a TM-2 to blend layers over midi and the aux input as it creates a more satisfying playing experience with the wider range from low to high velocities.

The ability to route the overhead and room mics to a single output rather than a pair - not sure how feasible that is without phase issues, but I was trying to create what would effectively be a mono monitor send out of the direct mic routing but could only map these to a stereo pair (understandable with them being stereo mic configurations). If it could be summed into a single output (without summing the entire mix from the master out to mono) , that would be great. For the rest of my setup I don't need a mixer but I might still need one for a monitor send if I can't work it out. If this is a dumb way of doing things, ignore this one
                    Last edited by Pulsc; 05-29-19, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• also route hihat and/or ride output to a single directout would be nice, i had to route hihat and ride to ... overhead over db25 snake last week

Comment

• Hi,

Phew, after reading all those heavy feature requests, here are just some smaller bug which are certainly easier to fix (as from my judgement as a SW developer) in a new FW version (>1.8)

Buglist:
                        • The click's bpm is not saved correctly after reboot: Although the display shows the bpm which was set before the reboot, the internal bpm generator is always set to 60bpm.
                        • When turning on the click, the click is rather unmuted than started: When turning on, the next click sound may come 300ms or 700ms or whatsoever ms after you actually hit the "click-on" button. Sometimes you can even hear only the 2nd half of the click sample. I would expect the internal click generator to start at the moment when I hit the "click-on" button.
                        • After changing to another set: When hitting trigger pads/cymbals too early (~ <5s after set change), you can get loud and nasty sound artefacts (too loud for my in-ears to be healthy) as long as all the internal compressors/EQ/etc are not loaded. I would expect complete silence and ignoring of trigger inputs until the set is loaded and set up completely.

Comment

Working...
                        X