Wishlist for Mimic Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trip McNealy View Post

- Left and Right arrows (or something like a "Next/Previous Kit" button) to change kits quickly when viewing inside an actual kit.
    that would be nice.
    Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

"Insta-change". I just copyrighted that. lol

Sadly, it takes enormous CPU power, and will not likely happen anytime in the near future. The Mimic handles loading just like a VST on a PC. It takes a little time. You'd have to have PC CPU specs of today's top end, tied likely to M2 type memory on a board capable of writing at 32gb/sec. That ain't gonna happen without the module costing about $5-6k. lol The only reason Roland can do it so fast is due to there being far less samples; and the fact they are extremely compressed.
      yes i could imagine that, i was thinking about a buffer/cache thingie, but no drum module has this feature, and i can understand why,
      well maybe in a couple of years who knows.

Comment

"Insta-change"... DrumIt 5 (and 3) and my next one change kits in a fraction of a second...

Comment

Originally posted by deve loper View Post
          "Insta-change"... DrumIt 5 (and 3) and my next one change kits in a fraction of a second...
          Good. You now owe me $1,000,000 USD. I'll PM my address.
          Alan
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

See the quotes, I only refer to your "copyright", I don't claim it. :-)
            I have my own trademark registered, that will do for me...
            Last edited by deve loper; 04-11-18, 01:27 PM.

Comment

it's your module gewa?
              Last edited by Chris K; 04-11-18, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Hi. Nope, something else.

Comment

Hi. Nope, something else.
                  It is going to be interesting to see what Deve is coming up with...if I count the years right...we talking about 6 years of development here...and I am guessing Deve did not start from zero! This will probably be a killer...(My assumptions...)

Anders / www.zourman.com

Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10,Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.11. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

The Drumit 5 is premixed samples with no mic control. Does your module have control of 6 mics per drum and EQ and compression for each one? I have never had a situation where I could not wait 1-2 seconds to change kits. I rarely change kits at all live. The Mimic has a lot more inputs than the Drumit5 so it may be less necessary.

Comment

Back to main topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
                        Back to main topic.
                        I will buy a unit when the editor is launched - so an EDITOR is on my wishlist...!
                        Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10,Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.11. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

My only wish for the Mimic is that with all the additions coming our way, that it in no way affects the awesomeness of what we already have in this module. Sounds and playability are my main and only requirement and we already have that. Everything else it just "nice to have". Pearl and Slate should be very proud of themselves.

I get concerned we're trying to make it do too much. Sequencers, clocks lol etc.... Im fine with all that as long as it doesn't take away from what we already have. The greatest sounding best playing module ever created. And it's simple to use still. Despite what some people say it's pretty simple to maneuver around in.

So unless Mr Boo can program a button that when pressed, the entire kit folds up into a Jetson's sized suitcase I can't think of anything else that hasn't been mentioned. ( and I wouldn't put it past Mr Boo to create that button either)

Im still in awe that we have this module available to us. It's literally what eDrummers have been asking for since the beginning.
                          Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
                          Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

My wishlist is percussion,at least 1 snare with wires off,and the CLA expansion. I would also like to see snares and kicks with more muffling. CLA has these already.

Comment

Originally posted by angr77 View Post
                              I will buy a unit when the editor is launched - so an EDITOR is on my wishlist...!

I bought this units as well because the promised editor, I like flexibility and not locked, the multilayered editor are not only made for regular instruments, but for creativity, in any term and with zone and articulation.

Last edited by Chris K; 04-16-18, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Warren View Post
                                My wishlist is percussion,at least 1 snare with wires off,and the CLA expansion. I would also like to see snares and kicks with more muffling. CLA has these already.
                                sorry my question but what is CLA?

Comment

Working...
                                X