Wishlist for Mimic Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrumsOnTap View Post
    1980's Yamaha Recording Customs...those are some really nice sounding drums. How about a collaboration with Dave Weckyl? Theres a guy who knows how to get a masterful sound. His drums always sound incredible, and his attention to detail is second to none. I'll work on the project for free.
    His sound is fantastic! Might be a conflict of interest Pearl and Yamaha, but I am sure there's a way around it. You can call the kit [U]TheWeck keep everybody out of trouble

Comment

I think I read somewhere that this is impossible due to hardware, but I'm not sure. I would live to be able to route the aux in through the mains rather than just headphones

Comment

Originally posted by thebigzw View Post
        I would live to be able to route the aux in through the mains rather than just headphones
        will be in next update

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post
          will be in next update
          Awesome! This is the biggest thing I've wanted since I bought mine!

Comment

Awesome! This is the biggest thing I've wanted since I bought mine!
            That is called big supports and taking care of customers.

Comment

Is there a "snares off" setting that I'm missing on the Mimic Pro? That would be a huge wishlist item for me!!!!!!! I've only had the unit for a week...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

That is called big supports and taking care of customers.
                Agreed. Pearl and slate have been exemplary in their support of the mimic.

It gives me confidence that out will be a continually evolving product, unlike many companies that simply release something that isn't finished and expect you to but the next version to get the features that should have been they're all along.

Mimic isn't getting abandoned by it's parents!

Comment

Agreed. Pearl and slate have been exemplary in their support of the mimic.

It gives me confidence that out will be a continually evolving product, unlike many companies that simply release something that isn't finished and expect you to but the next version to get the features that should have been they're all along.

Mimic isn't getting abandoned by it's parents!
                  If you read the thread vex and mimic pro, see Allan comments, you have already a hint
                  Last edited by Chris K; 04-08-18, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumsOnTap View Post
                    Is there a "snares off" setting that I'm missing on the Mimic Pro? That would be a huge wishlist item for me!!!!!!! I've only had the unit for a week...
                    Would like that as well, good one!

More things I thought of recently:
                    - A clock on the Home screen or maybe under Sys settings menu
                    - Left and Right arrows (or something like a "Next/Previous Kit" button) to change kits quickly when viewing inside an actual kit.
                    Last edited by Trip McNealy; 04-10-18, 01:08 PM.
                    Live Rig: Under Construction!
                    Studio Rig: Pearl Mimic Pro | Pearl ePro A2E kit | ATV-Roland-Yamaha cymbals | Customized MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

Snare off would be a completely different sample, and would most likely demand being assigned to another pad. If such a sample were offered, it could be assigned to BT-1 attached to the rim... or similar. Personally, I'd want it on another snare pad, with snare-off rim shots, etc.
                      Alan
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Yeah, I would say they will probably do a few snare off instruments for the MImic (Eventually!). Some VST's or VST expansions have the Snare Off choices, and since the Mimic is basically a VST in a module it would need to be a separate recorded instrument choice. Personally, I have bigger priorities on my own wishlist ..... You also have Brushes, Rods, Mallets ..... some more Brushes and Rods instruments would be good. Higher on the list to me ..... but I think the addition of more in the percussion choices might be higher on the list than all of the above.
                        Last edited by JmanWord; 04-10-18, 04:50 PM.
                        I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

i'm not sure whats its called, but on high end keyboard you can change to a new sound and not cutting the actually samples before you hit the next key.
                          like when going from the jazzy kit to the brush kit without the cut in the sound.
                          That would be a great feature.

Comment

Originally posted by superfish View Post
                            i'm not sure whats its called, but on high end keyboard you can change to a new sound and not cutting the actually samples before you hit the next key.
                            like when going from the jazzy kit to the brush kit without the cut in the sound.
                            That would be a great feature.
                            "Insta-change". I just copyrighted that. lol

Sadly, it takes enormous CPU power, and will not likely happen anytime in the near future. The Mimic handles loading just like a VST on a PC. It takes a little time. You'd have to have PC CPU specs of today's top end, tied likely to M2 type memory on a board capable of writing at 32gb/sec. That ain't gonna happen without the module costing about $5-6k. lol The only reason Roland can do it so fast is due to there being far less samples; and the fact they are extremely compressed.
                            Alan
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

"Insta-change". I just copyrighted that. lol

Sadly, it takes enormous CPU power, and will not likely happen anytime in the near future. The Mimic handles loading just like a VST on a PC. It takes a little time.
                              with my I7, 32GB ram, Samsung ssd, it take approx 10 sec to load 1 kits with ezdrummer ( these are low size kits from toontrack go figure) 2-3 sec it pretty fast in mimic.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post

with my I7, 32GB ram, Samsung ssd, it take approx 10 sec to load 1 kits with ezdrummer ( these are low size kits from toontrack go figure) 2-3 sec it pretty fast in mimic.
                                Iím about to build a Ryzen 16 core with 64 or 128gb and dual M2 modules, and I still expect it would takes more than 2-3 seconds. lol
                                Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X