Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Mimic Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jnorris View Post
    A screen that allowed you to separately vary the volume of the drum kit (the entire kit, not individual triggers) and the aux input would be awesome. This will allow the mixing function to be handled by the Mimic instead of having to use an outboard mixer.
    not to turn this into a technical thread... but you can already do this in a few different ways to meet your specific needs.
    1. use Kit volume from the KIT FX tab.
    2. use the master volume on the Main Mix
    3. use the overall volume for the Phones Mix
    you'll have to adjust the Aux in using the Aux in volume as the mimic won't be able to auto mix your volume and whatever auxiliary device you plug in.
    Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
    Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

• I do it now by routing the master mix to the headphones, then on the main screen, adjusting the headphone volume while raising or lowering the aux input volume. It works, but it's tricky to do on the fly. It just would be better to have separate sliders for aux in volume and kit volume on one screen.
      Acoustic: FrankenKit - Late '60s Slingerland Kit, Ludwig snare and floor tom, add-on Pearl toms, Zildjian, Sabian and Paiste cymbals. DW5000 double pedal.
      Electric: Roland TD-25 for snare, cymbals and bass, Alesis DM-10 with Bluejay sounds for toms. Variety of Roland pads for cymbals and drums.

Comment

• Wishlist only!!!
        So her come some of my wishes for the next update:
        1. The possibility to layer all inputs, not only snare and kick. So you are able to add samples of more electronic sounds to serve the modern sounds for TOP40 Stuff.
        2. A bigger, easier to use mixscreen for the direct outs, maybe similar to the Mainmix & Headphone Screens.
        3. Please add the little feature that if you copy a kit, the name of the copied kit isn't empty anymore. Maybe the originally kitname plus a "copy" or a number added at the end.
        4. Some more effects that could be used (different reverbtypes, delays etc.) Hey Mr. Slate, you've got a lot of that stuff going on your slate digital wonderland .
        5. A Tool or the ability to sample and construct own multilayer sounds (like on Alesis, 2box)
        6. Perhaps you could create to kinds of libraries . . . . one for the stereomix (already existing) and one where your stock sets are already splitted on to the direct outs, but with the same already mixed result like on the stereos . . . . . (sorry I'm not a native englishspeaker and I hope you get my idea ;-) ). This would make the work a lot easier for beginners to have a starting point. I#m a drummer of a TOP40 Band who would like to have the possibility to decide to ghive the FOH a stereo signal or all Directouts that are possible. It is handy to have these options to get the best sounding drumsets for each location.

So that's it so far, Stay healthy everyone!!!!!
        Cheers from Germany!!!
        Last edited by Colognedrummer; 01-19-21, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• 1. Better Cymbals and hihats sounds
          2. More articulations for all sounds (round robin)
          3. The sounds should not be so overcompressed!
          4. Better Hihat integration for edrums with more nuances
          Last edited by vdrum_user12123; Yesterday, 04:31 AM.
          TD-12 Module, Accustic to Edrum shells and ATV and Roland Cymbals - using VST Superior Drummer and Steven Slate Drums

Comment

• Originally posted by vdrum_user12123 View Post
            More articulations for all sounds (round robin)
            Better Hihat integration for edrums with more nuances
            Round robin use vst standard 6 to 12 high on individual layers, the hihat performance is pure skill calibration and external stand hardware with firmware v1.1.0

I just saw you use TD12 module posted few days ago, if you like more Roland sound, it's pure taste. https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general...7s#post1244880
            Last edited by Chris K; Yesterday, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vdrum_user12123 View Post
              1. Better Cymbals and hihats sounds
              2. More articulations for all sounds (round robin)
              3. The sounds should not be so overcompressed!
              4. Better Hihat integration for edrums with more nuances
              I understand some of that is opinion, but have you ever actually played and spent time on a Mimic? It sounds like you haven’t.

BTW, I think you need this... https://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum-a...mber-signature
              Alan
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

• Alan you are right and it shows that the mimic needs a lot of tweaking for my opinion. The sounds are way more natural and better sounding than the Roland's. But I agree that I would also like more samples range on the hihats. Espacially when you use no vh13 etc. I use a cy5 in combination with a FD8.
                Way to few halfway open samples for my taste.
                Another point for the wishlist:
                More "xtra-slots" in the kit-edit section to import more samples.

Comment

• I am using the TD-12 as a module. Still haven't found a reason to buy a new one. Play only through VST (Superior Drummer 3 and Steven Slate Drums 5). What I noticed about slate drums that the variety of articulations is very limited in these. Above all, everything seems very compressed. This makes it very unnatural. The hihat lacks the dynamic compared to the superior drummer. And that's exactly how it is in Mimic when I watch videos.

Another exclusion point for the Mimic Pro is that it does not support POS, which is a MUST HAVE for me for the sake of realism

I compare an e drum module with an acoustic drum kit. Only this comparison counts, otherwise one would have to question the modules and the associated levels of realism anyway.

The sounds of Roland modules are bad and there is no question about that, but especially the hihat articulations are finer even on the TD-12 than those on the Mimic Pro

The Mimic is made for Rock music and not for funk, soul, jazz and so on.

by the way. i play accoustic drums for 30 years
                  Last edited by vdrum_user12123; Today, 04:51 AM.
                  TD-12 Module, Accustic to Edrum shells and ATV and Roland Cymbals - using VST Superior Drummer and Steven Slate Drums

Comment

Working...
                  X