No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Mimic Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I’m going to contact Pearl’s IT department. They need help. I mean, it’s only common sense that firmware updates and accompanying documentation should be together in the form of a zip file. WTH It’s like they have newbs running that department. Sure, it’s pretty, but functionality has been thrown out the window with that whole website.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post
      Now, if I can just find some room and money for the damn realistic acoustic setup I want.
      May I ask what would that "realistic acoustic" setup be/looks like? I might be just right behind you...

Comment

• Originally posted by TWynn View Post

May I ask what would that "realistic acoustic" setup be/looks like? I might be just right behind you...
        Not sure. Waiting to see how the ATV pro kit looks and triggers. Should see something this month... not that I can afford it.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Hey Alan...I have written a few times about helping them update that pretty but outdated website but haven't even gotten a courtesy "were not interested" or even a "we got your message" email. It's not even mobile friendly.

I am sure you have better contacts than I have.
          My Updated Website: https://blades.technology

Comment

• Originally posted by Blades View Post
            Hey Alan...I have written a few times about helping them update that pretty but outdated website but haven't even gotten a courtesy "were not interested" or even a "we got your message" email. It's not even mobile friendly.

It’s like they add a few pages every year, but haven’t updated any of them since. I mean, there are pages there that I saw back in 2004 that haven’t changed one bit. Not even kidding.
            Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by Blades View Post
              Hey Alan...I have written a few times about helping them update that pretty but outdated website but haven't even gotten a courtesy "were not interested" or even a "we got your message" email. It's not even mobile friendly.

I too have contacted them regarding an issue and suggestion I had with their website. I never heard back from them - no thank you, no got it, no good idea, no no way buddy, no nothing.

Comment

• I really like the module a lot in terms of triggering and sound authenticity but my wish for this is more like of a cosmetic interface, like when you switch it on, there must be like a personal log-in that can lead you to the module settings.

Comment

• Been a while here, eh? One feature that would be nice is having dB notations/steps alongside the green Threshold meter under the COMP settings. It would be wonderful to know how much compression in dB is being applied.
                  Live Rig: Under Construction!
                  Studio Rig: Pearl Mimic Pro | Pearl ePro A2E kit | ATV-Roland-Yamaha cymbals | Customized MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNealy View Post
                    Been a while here, eh? One feature that would be nice is having dB notations/steps alongside the green Threshold meter under the COMP settings. It would be wonderful to know how much compression in dB is being applied.
                    The usual way to gain match is to simply use disable/enable. Because EQ also plays a role, it’s better to use your ears in this manner.
                    Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by Alan VEX View Post

The usual way to gain match is to simply use disable/enable. Because EQ also plays a role, it’s better to use your ears in this manner.
                      Thank you. By disable/enable, do you mean to simply use the toggle button OFF/ON for the compression setting?
                      Studio Rig: Pearl Mimic Pro | Pearl ePro A2E kit | ATV-Roland-Yamaha cymbals | Customized MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNealy View Post

Thank you. By disable/enable, do you mean to simply use the toggle button OFF/ON for the compression setting?
                        Yes. This is how we do it in a real studio. We make changes, then toggle and adjust output (or instrument gain) to compensate back to the original level. (usually around -18dB rms, or -12dB peak)

However, in modules, I don’t worry about this too much. Modules are designed with a lot of headroom, and you’re not mixing with a band at one source. So. I usually just ultimately adjust it at the final mix.

In the studio, we are attempting to keep instruments at the same level because they need to retain that level with the rest of the band... (unlike a module) which adds up when we meet the mix bus, where we usually try to keep things at -6dB. (for mastering to have headroom) We don’t care about this part in our modules. The external points take care of that part.
                        Alan

Comment

• Thanks Alan. I think for folks like me, who have a pretty good grasp on compression techniques (always learning every day tho!), my ears aren't totally trained on knowing for example, what 3 dB of compression sounds like. When I watch YT videos of mixing guys looking at the VU meters in their plug-ins I kind of wish I had that in the Mimic to follow along and replicate. Even if it flashed a number really quick after/alongside to the green bar (like it does when you are setting trigger top velocity) that would be helpful. Having that green bar go up and down different spots without some designation seems too vague to me; I just wanted hard numbers to look at Call it the computer engineer in me!
                          Last edited by Trip McNealy; 04-06-20, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Sure would be nice to have the next update while in lockdown with nothing better to do but play with the module.
                            Same with some new sounds (like the cymbal bow).
                            It is a wish list right?

Stay home & stay safe.
                            "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

• Preview an articulation in the Pad Zone window

Comment

• Originally posted by walkinded View Post
                                Preview an articulation in the Pad Zone window
                                Can you share us the link, sir?

Comment

Working...
                                X