No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Mimic Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok.. there's another reason toontrack can put out expansion packs (i think).. because their client base is not just (e-) drummers, but
    also studio's, producers, keyboard- guitar- bass- players buy their software.. mimic pro is ofcourse exclusively for drummers..
    i would like to see real world sales numbers of toontrack vst's .. as to what percentage is actual drummers.. ..anyway, never mind..
    they do keep developing e-drum hardware playability on their software .. probably because of their roots (dfh..)

Comment

• I look forward to more sound/expansions for the Mimic, and hopefully a Multi-Velocity Editor some day ..... But in the meantime I LOVE my Mimic and have not been disappointed even one day in the more than 2 years since I got it.
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
        I look forward to more sound/expansions for the Mimic, and hopefully a Multi-Velocity Editor some day ..... But in the meantime I LOVE my Mimic and have not been disappointed even one day in the more than 2 years since I got it.
        I feel the same with all you said
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

• I don't have a mimic, but if I did, I would want it to include octobans. I think it would be pretty neat to have high quality octoban samples.

Comment

• Yep, agree with JmanWorld. Would be thrilled if Pearl Mimic release more sound/expansions......

Comment

• Originally posted by TWynn View Post
              Yep, agree with JmanWorld. Would be thrilled if Pearl Mimic release more sound/expansions......
              there is an official Pearl electronic products forum AFAIK.
              there are contacts on the Pearl web site
              etc etc
              Let company know your wishes. I don't think any company managers are reading this forum.

PS no - I don't have any reasonable connection with Pearl management.

Comment

• I'll just go ahead and say it... Slate is very well known for taking forever to get stuff to release point. On top of this, we're talking about third-party delivery, which brings Pearl, plus its IT department into the mix. That's a lot of communication and planning... probably at least three times as much as a single company would have.

I know I keep saying have patience, but this is very normal for Slate... and now Pearl just adds to that clock. Trust me. I've dealt with Slate's software trend for a while now. They're slow... but the quality you get in the end is actually worth the wait.

I use their plugin bundle for engineering, and it's worth every penny. If the Mimic has a long life in front of it, and you love it, then you're going to have to come to terms with Slate's well known slow delivery times. Hell, they're still working on Catalina updates for people with crippled production workflow for the past two months. You think Mimic owners are getting precedence?

All I know is when stuff finally arrives, Mimic owners who had patience are going to be ecstatic. This will be my "personal choice" module for as long as I can see. Now, if I can just find some room and money for the damn realistic acoustic setup I want.
                Alan
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

• I fear that is not about Slate. It's a Pearl product, don't forget it =)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Boo View Post
                    I fear that is not about Slate. It's a Pearl product, don't forget it =)
                    Yea, I may not have conveyed that well enough, but I know from behind the scenes Pearl is dragging their feet as well. It's a shame they don't realize what a wonderful and highly in-demand product they have at their fingertips; and it's a shame they do not promote it as much as they should. It's also a shame they don't read these forums like Roland. (oh hai, Roland )
                    Alan
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message | recommendations

Comment

• I may have missed how to change this and it may have already been noted but having the Home screen adjustments exclusively for headphones is basically worthless for those of us who run our Mimics through a PA live. As far as I can tell it's impossible to adjust the Aux In, Click and Player on the fly and I'd like to use all of these while practicing, rehearsing and gigging. It seems very strange to have a module geared primarily for headphone use when the kits are so amazing live.
                      Maybe I just haven't figured out how to change this?

Comment

• Originally posted by cobaltdrive View Post
                        I may have missed how to change this and it may have already been noted but having the Home screen adjustments exclusively for headphones is basically worthless for those of us who run our Mimics through a PA live. As far as I can tell it's impossible to adjust the Aux In, Click and Player on the fly and I'd like to use all of these while practicing, rehearsing and gigging. It seems very strange to have a module geared primarily for headphone use when the kits are so amazing live.
                        Maybe I just haven't figured out how to change this?
                        All these can be for headphone or master out, there is option on routing and monitor out.

Comment

• Thanks Chris. I went to the Routing page on my Mimic and see that I can reroute all the instruments, Click, Aux, etc... into stereo 3/4, etc... but am not sure how that can give me a Home screen with the same functions for a Master Mix out to my monitor and to my board as for Headphones. An example of what I'd be looking for is on the Mixer page on the Mimic. You can select either Phones Mix (blue) or Master Mix (green) with a simple press of a button and you get the same functionality for both. What I'd hope for is the Home screen to offer the same ability to choose between Phones and Master.

Comment

• Capture.PNG
                            Originally posted by cobaltdrive View Post
                            Thanks Chris. I went to the Routing page on my Mimic and see that I can reroute all the instruments, Click, Aux, etc... into stereo 3/4, etc... but am not sure how that can give me a Home screen with the same functions for a Master Mix out to my monitor and to my board as for Headphones. An example of what I'd be looking for is on the Mixer page on the Mimic. You can select either Phones Mix (blue) or Master Mix (green) with a simple press of a button and you get the same functionality for both. What I'd hope for is the Home screen to offer the same ability to choose between Phones and Master.
                            From page 75 of the User Manual:
                            4. Send HP Mix To Master Out & Disable Master Mixer - this function makes your mimic
                            pro master out to be a full clone of your headphones out (including all the volume controls like aux input, song player etc) That is useful if you prefer to use your PA connected to master out instead of headphones. With this function enabled you can control your PA volume with data wheel knob, and use all other home page controls.
                            Last edited by JmanWord; 01-09-20, 08:35 PM.
                            Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• No wonder I don't know these things; my User Manual is version 1.07 and only goes to page 60! Will download the latest version.
                              Thanks as always Jman!

Comment

• Originally posted by cobaltdrive View Post
                                No wonder I don't know these things; my User Manual is version 1.07 and only goes to page 60! Will download the latest version.
                                Thanks as always Jman!
                                You bet .... yeah, whenever there is a new OS they put out a new manual. So just remember to download the manual when you do updates....

Comment

Working...
                                X