No announcement yet.

Wishlist for Mimic Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we please keep that particular topic clean.
    There are many other topics where you can discuss bad sides of any product.

Comment

• Originally posted by soccerdude84 View Post
      How the hell do you compare a module not having a snare-off
      TD-50\ATV\ don't have either, several asked the team to add one, just be patient.
      Last edited by Chris K; 10-02-19, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• IIRC, only the 20/20X/30 had snare off options. I won't be surprised to see an off-strainer snare on the Mimic at some point. Many have asked for it, but these things take time. It is possible to create one now with a high-pitched tom... and a little work. It just won't be authentically realistic, and lower pitched than the majority would like.
        Alan
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Sorry, maybe I overreacted. I thought snare-off was as common as cross-stick or something. I didn't know it wasn't universal.
          Dual Alesis Module Drum Set (DM10(BlueJay)+DM8+Trigger iO), Dual Layer Tennis Ball Drum Riser
          Shure SE215 IEM's, Simmons DA50 Amp, Alto Professional ZMX862 Mixer, Tama SpeedCobra Pedals, Vic Firth 7AN Sticks, Roc-N-Soc Original Throne

Comment

• I'd love a mallet switch for cymbals/toms

Comment

• I know most on this forum are coming from a Roland module background with the synthetic, COSM, etc. type of sound engines ..... But hopefully it is understood that a Sample based module like the Mimic needs to have Real instruments sampled/recorded and prepped specifically for the Mimic to add to the Library .... So when people talk about a Snare Off .... or Mallet Switch .... it is not that simple .... definitely Snare Off and Mallet type instruments could be added ..... you really only need to look at some of the VST Libraries to see that ..... But the Magic Switch ain't gonna happen IMO ....
              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• I'm just surprised that snare-off wasn't something they thought to put in there from the get go. How do you accurately play half of Tool's discography without snare-off
                Dual Alesis Module Drum Set (DM10(BlueJay)+DM8+Trigger iO), Dual Layer Tennis Ball Drum Riser
                Shure SE215 IEM's, Simmons DA50 Amp, Alto Professional ZMX862 Mixer, Tama SpeedCobra Pedals, Vic Firth 7AN Sticks, Roc-N-Soc Original Throne

Comment

• I'm considering purchasing a Mimic and I'm piling on about a second (think remote) hi hat. It has become a godsend for me on acoustics to play in a more open gate to be able to efficiently get around the kit on more complex stuff like prog.
                  Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute | Zildjian Ks

Comment

• I assume you can assign another hihat voice to another hihat pad, don't know about getting the second pedal to work though. On my kit my second hihat doesn't have a pedal it's just open all the time.

Comment

• Sorry, only one hihat per kit

Comment

• Originally posted by tripp2k View Post
                        I'm considering purchasing a Mimic and I'm piling on about a second (think remote) hi hat. It has become a godsend for me on acoustics to play in a more open gate to be able to efficiently get around the kit on more complex stuff like prog.
                        The only thing you could do right now would be import a sample and trigger it as a one shot. When I had the TD50,the closed hi hat sounded like 1 or 2 samples so it might be ok for second hi hat.

Comment

• The other thing I have done on quite a few of my modules/kits: Put a Headphone type splitter in the Hi Hat cymbal input of the module. Run one cable to your regular Hi Hat cymbal and one cable to your other Hi Hat cymbal. That gives you the same sound on both HH cymbals, And your HH controller (only 1 HH controller) will control the open closed sound on both HH cymbals. I don't remember if I tried this yet on the Mimic, but am sure it would work. The one thing that could be tricky is since you only have trigger parameter adjustments for one HH cymbal you would want them to be somewhat similar as it would not work well if one cymbal is very hot and the other not.
                          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigzw View Post
                            Sorry, only one hihat per kit
                            that's a bummer, guess my wishlist has two things on it now

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
                            The other thing I have done on quite a few of my modules/kits: Put a Headphone type splitter in the Hi Hat cymbal input of the module. Run one cable to your regular Hi Hat cymbal and one cable to your other Hi Hat cymbal. That gives you the same sound on both HH cymbals, And your HH controller (only 1 HH controller) will control the open closed sound on both HH cymbals. I don't remember if I tried this yet on the Mimic, but am sure it would work. The one thing that could be tricky is since you only have trigger parameter adjustments for one HH cymbal you would want them to be somewhat similar as it would not work well if one cymbal is very hot and the other not.

It would work but you're limited to only one hihat voice, shared trigger settings (as you mentioned, this would also include crosstalk settings which could be problematic), and you could only pan the sound to one of the two pad locations.

Comment

• Originally posted by soccerdude84 View Post

that's a bummer, guess my wishlist has two things on it now

It would work but you're limited to only one hihat voice, shared trigger settings (as you mentioned, this would also include crosstalk settings which could be problematic), and you could only pan the sound to one of the two pad locations.
                              Yeah, but, like I say, I and several others have used that method before for years and it does work. Excuse me for pointing out an option that some don't know about ...... jeeeeeeez ......

Comment

• yep as JMan says i have 2 hi hats i have a DDTI midi hooked to the mimic and have a cy8 cymbal hooked to the DDTI and selected my hi hat midi note and i can control it open close with my main hi hat.
                                it is the same hi hat sample but cant tune it but it is the next best thing, at least i can play a second hi hat on the opposite side
                                Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Working...
                                X