Wishlist for Mimic Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishlist for Mimic Pro

Is there any official wishlist for the Mimic Pro?

There is now.
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

- My wishlist would be a complete sampled SONOR SQ2 and a TAMA Starclassic Birch/Bubinga kit. Plus some PAISTE "Signature Reflector" Cymbals, especially the 14" heavy HiHats, 16,17,18,19,20" Heavy Crash´s and the 22" "Powerslave" Bell Ride.
      - Getting the complete TERRY DATE and CLA pack from SSD4 would be nice too.

- Need ROTOTOMS for Pink Floyd

- More 8" toms please aswell
      Last edited by spitfirejoe; 03-21-18, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I love my mimic, but my future wishes are:

- better cymbal swells (like Roland does)
        - positional sensing like feature (when the Roland patent expires)
        - better songplayer (with shuttle and loop feature)
        - better internal recorder
        - more Pads in Presets
        - more percussion and electronic samples
        - Softwareeditor to load my own (multi) samples into the module with round robin
        - more drumsets from other manufacturers and CLA and other Legendpresets from SSD5
        - cache feature to load setlistkits faster

ATV aDrums with a Mimic Pro, Superior Drummer 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by MarkuZ View Post

- more Pads in Presets
          - Softwareeditor to load my own (multi) samples into the module with round robin
          - more drumsets from other manufacturers and CLA and other Legendpresets from SSD5

uhhh... i like the cache feature idea.

Comment

My future wishes are:

- if the current instrument is highlighted in the subfolder/library when loading/changing to another instrument. or maybe its just me who has a bad memory.
            - sizzles cymbals
            - more percussions
            - possibility to play mp3 in the songplayer
            Last edited by superfish; 03-21-18, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkuZ View Post

- more Pads in Presets

A lot of those features I have heard rumored to be on the horizon, which is good! I too want more percussion/electronic pieces. I miss a lot of that stuff from the TD modules.
              Live Rig: Mimic Pro | PD-125X pads | ATV + Roland cym | DIY 13" Snare + 14" Kick | MDS-9V rack | Turbosound iQ12 + iQ15B
              Studio Rig: TD-12 w/ SD 3.0 | Pearl ePro DIY full kit | ATV + Yamaha cym | VH-11 | MDS-20 rack | ATH-M40x phones

Comment

Speaking of the on board song player, I can't see why we can't play mp3

Also, multi track audio recording through usb would be great

Comment

tama star classic maple drums with 8" 10" 12" rack toms 14" and 16" floor toms with 2 ply heads on all toms and kick,

some nice octobans

add reverse and fast forward on song player.

some acoustic percussion would be nice such as tambourine, timbalies.

to be able to add a second hi hat to extra cell and control it with main hat controller i have a ddrum ddti midi in with the mimic and have second hi hat trigger using same midi note as hats on mimic but cant tune it differently as it uses the same hats as main hats. and am able to control second hat trigger with main foot pedal

listing all this, the mimic pro has already fulfilled a huge wish list just for being present imo. love the MP..
                  I always feel thankful that the MP team worked and continues to work hard bringing the MP forward.
                  Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
                    to be able to add a second hi hat to extra cell and control it with main hat controller i have a ddrum ddti midi in with the mimic and have second hi hat trigger using same midi note as hats on mimic but cant tune it differently as it uses the same hats as main hats. and am able to control second hat trigger with main foot pedal
                    Nice idea. I have achieved this with a FD7, two PCY100 and a stereo Y-Cable. Works fine.

A feature i would like is to toggle the poti from headphones to main outs to be able to make quick volume adjustments.
                    Band-set: Pearl Mimic Pro, Jobeky 6-Piece Prestige Custom Half Size, Drum-tec Diablo HH Snare. Cymbals: ATV Expanded Set, 2x PCY100. Roland SPD-S. EV ZLX15P Home Set: the same Pearl Mimic Pro with Roland TD-8V Padset, Millenium Sidetrigger Snare, 2xPCY13 Crash, PCY15R Ride, FD-7/PCY100 HH

Comment

Originally posted by FES View Post
                      Nice idea. I have achieved this with a FD7, two PCY100 and a stereo Y-Cable. Works fine.
                      Yep, I'm doing the same thing. It would be nice though if we didn't have to get special cables to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNealy View Post

A lot of those features I have heard rumored to be on the horizon, which is good!

The good news is most of these feature request in this thread was already published in the big initial mimic thread , these was already on the list.The electronic\ percussion outside Pearl, I recorded already you wont miss any of these sound and expect lots more.
                        Last edited by Chris K; 03-23-18, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Copy feature, so you can copy Instrument and/or Mixer settings from one kit to the next ..... that way we can copy an instrument from a kit that already has all the tuning and mixer settings, or just copy those mixer settings used on an instrument to a dif. kit .... without the painstaking process of manually matching all those tweaks. It was mentioned before and not sure if it is possible or not .... but an easier way to set instrument/OH/Room EQ ..... fat fingers or even a stylus is pretty difficult to do to match exact.
                          And of course already on our list: Multi-Velocity Editor
                          Expansion packs, would be nice to at least have some of the expansions available already for Slate Drums, Some of the Slate Presets are also nice.
                          More percussion, Latin, African, etc. Octobans, Roto-Toms, Gongs, Zil-Bell or equivalent, Chimes.
                          The Multi-Velocity Editor would make many of these extra percussion instruments less pressing as we could build our own from our VST's
                          Last edited by JmanWord; 03-22-18, 03:58 PM.
                          I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

It would be nice to be able to see [U] instruments, segmented by their category in a gui, so you we can sample what it sounds like without going to the kit. Their can be a reference to the kit it belongs to. Have that copy feature available along side so you can build a kit or switch to another kit.

Real brush sounds on jazz styled kits would be nice along with the cymbal swells mentioned earlier.
                            Last edited by Six; 03-22-18, 06:10 PM.

Comment

1980's Yamaha Recording Customs...those are some really nice sounding drums. How about a collaboration with Dave Weckyl? Theres a guy who knows how to get a masterful sound. His drums always sound incredible, and his attention to detail is second to none. I'll work on the project for free.

Comment

Working...
                              X