Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wishlist for high end dtx (Steve Fisher please read me ahahah)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wishlist for high end dtx (Steve Fisher please read me ahahah)

My wishlist is very simple:
    1) a new module with at least 5 piezo/piezo inputs, so it's easy to convert in acoustic
    2) a real hi hat, with top and bottom, with multiple shades (not only open/close, but more realistic, like roland)
    3) bigger pads, like a 18inch ride for example or a 14/16inch pads
    4) a little bigger screen on module
    5) positional sensing (please please please)
    6) new flaghsip drum with the characteristics above presented at Winter Namm 17
    My setup: dtx900 (x2), dw9002

positional sensing is Patented from Roland, unless they get expired, but this have yet to see what new things could came after.
    Last edited by Chris K; 10-09-16, 12:49 AM.
    Regards
    Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

Originally posted by Chris K View Post
      positional sensing is Patented from Roland.
      As is standing, sitting, sneezing and also the traditional grip.
      Don't even think about trying to have an original thought, they have that covered also
      "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

????????, TD9 side module, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post

As is standing, sitting, sneezing and also the traditional grip.
        Don't even think about trying to have an original thought, they have that covered also
        Mooooaaahhhh!

Of Abaco's list, I second the first point only. A few more piezo-piezo inputs would be nice. Especially after the introduction of their new triggers.
        I'm fine with the HH, don't want a 18" ride on my setup, just for the looks of it, and the pain of finding more space on the rack or to carry it, don't care about a bigger screen when you can have an iPad app taking over the module's functions, PS is just a band-aid solution, and I really don't want to read about a new flagship module that will cost a gazillion dollars.

At least 2 or 3 piezo-piezo inputs, and good samples that do not gun-trigger. That's my list.

This is 2016, going to 2017... is that too much to ask?

The market is wide open with all the e-drum companies stagnating. If a reasonably priced GOOD module shows up, it will take the e-drum market by storm. The Mimic looks like it has potential, but the price is still too high for a runaway success.

Alesis had the perfect module and pricing on paper, but dropped the ball pathetically. But did they really have a module? I still believe that thing we saw was an empty box with a cellphone taped inside for screen.
        DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Thank you for the answers guys anyway, if not a positional sensing something similar, i don't know. For the hihat, i'm fine with it, but some improvement are necessary, there are only open and closed on the dtx, i would like to have more layers of sound. For the ride for me is better a 18", but only with a larger pads or a dyi pads. For the screen, i don't know why the previous models of dtx have the dtx app and the dtx900 no. For the Alesis and The Pearl modules, i don't have the opportunity to try them, but i'll look on Youtube

PS agree with dual piezos inputs and the triggers that don't do machine gun

Comment

Abaco, the dtx900 hihat is NOT open or closed only, it generates semi opened sounds too, and even transmits and receives continuos controller data from the hihat controller ... as a matter of fact it is even preasure sensitive. Works fine and as well as the cymbals. All cymbal are 3 zones with chocke AND pre-choke. Pads are excelent and 3 zones with tune buttom. It would be good that they put some positional sensing, with other name and technology to avoid Roland's patent.
            They use the AI technology to add nuances to the half open sounds and Pressure.
            The DTX900 has a very good Motif sound module with GM capabilities, a full efects engine and it is a sampler also, with many layers, so, it is a very capable module BUT with reduced memory for the drum sounds, and that nowadays is a huge problem, because the lack of realism of the sounds compared with VST or the Drumit5.
            I really think that Yamaha is near a solution for a top of the line sampler based module because they have most of the items already inside the dtx900 (10 years ago...), they just need to increase memory a LOT, put more layers in internal samples to, together with AI engine, vanish the machine gun efect for good. If they do this inside the same box, meaning same visor, layout, sequencer, metronome, etc, and a reasonable price, I think they would have a winner...
            You have the module, but I don't know if you play with the settings to enhance the sounds, because some internal kits are bad, but if you tweek them they sound a lot better...
            Last edited by rrpf; 10-09-16, 01:27 PM.
            Yamaha DTX900K, Korg Wavedrum Global, Sonor Perfect Balance Pedal, Roland KT-10 pedal (left) Rodolfo Ferreira Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Yamaha DTX900K, Gretsch USA 1983. Zildjian, Paiste Superior Drummer, Studio Drummer, Steven Slate Drums

Comment

Ah ok, seemed to me that as got only open/closed, and the semiclosed was only a sound produced idontknowhow, because on the module setting there is only open/closed (when i select the hihat sounds), my fault. Anyway, yes, cymbals and pads are good, nothing to say about that. For the other thinghs i agree, either i think i don't use this module at 100%, i'm not an expert user, i use only the sound modified (a little bit) of the module

Comment

Is positional sending Roland's as my ddrum4 has it?
                Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD2 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits.

Comment

I don't know the ddrum4, sorry :/

Comment

I forgot something important on my list: a sensor for playing brushes, it would be cool

Comment

Umm..I know this is an e drum site for all edrummers but kinda leaning towards Roland. Not sure a Yammy wishlist thread here will get much notice from Yammy themselves. But I like the way you're thinking!
                      My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Have you tried going to the official Yamaha DTX site?

It's like either Yamaha drummers don't want to share, or Yamaha only sold 5 kits in the whole world.
                        That place is a ghost town....
                        DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

At worst if Yamaha don't do your wishlist, everything you mentioned from your main post including the brush post, Roland does it right now, I think you want to go more deeper then what Roland is doing right now for higher market standard then a simple copy.
                          Last edited by Chris K; 10-13-16, 09:47 PM.
                          Regards
                          Chris K

DW Collector Drum, Roland TD-15\VST Powered, Spd-SX, Yamaha Pmc1 midi brain

Comment

To be honest at the beginning i was thinking that was a forum regarding all drums, later i discovered that "vdrums" is a Roland patent or a similar thing. By the way, this forum is a good forum with a lot of experts in edrums, and i find it very very useful. For a Yamaha forum I have no alternatives, the dtx forum is dead (only yesterday i discovered another dtx forum, seems ok but it is so small).

I'm seriously thinking about switching to Roland, but i'm waiting Winter Namm '17, hoping Yamaha releases a new flaghship. I've invested a lot of money in my setup, i'm in very very disappointment to see Yamaha leave the dtx900 in total loneliness, not sufficent support in my opinion. Hope the things changes, if not i'll change, grudgingly but i'll change

Comment

Originally posted by Abaco00 View Post
                              To be honest at the beginning i was thinking that was a forum regarding all drums, later i discovered that "vdrums" is a Roland patent or a similar thing. By the way, this forum is a good forum with a lot of experts in edrums, and i find it very very useful. For a Yamaha forum I have no alternatives, the dtx forum is dead (only yesterday i discovered another dtx forum, seems ok but it is so small).

I'm seriously thinking about switching to Roland, but i'm waiting Winter Namm '17, hoping Yamaha releases a new flaghship. I've invested a lot of money in my setup, i'm in very very disappointment to see Yamaha leave the dtx900 in total loneliness, not sufficent support in my opinion. Hope the things changes, if not i'll change, grudgingly but i'll change
                              Well, there are users on this forum with all the various brands of Edrums. Kenster was just pointing out that your Call Out to Steve Fisher won't necessarily reach Steve. I'm not sure if, or how much he reads vdrums.com
                              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Powered by the TD-50 and 2ea. 2Box modules, drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X