Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any photoshoppers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheYardbird
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheYardbird
    replied
    Maybe, although staining it myself would be a whole lot cheaper I want to focus the little amoumt of money I can spend each month on actual upgrades.. The next things I have my sights on is: - New ride cymbal (want a 3-zone one and at least as quiet as a pcy-155 but bigger than 15") - New crash cymbal x2 (will probably be a couple of pcy-155 if I can find a ride I like) - Custom bassdrum reso head (wanted one ever since I got into drumming) Then I'll keep my current mono Alesis DM5-cymbals as effect cymbals like splash, china and such, just because I can.

Leave a comment:

• KennyinDundee
    replied
    Why not just order a dark wood wrap? Check out Bumwrap drums as they have many on their site to choose from plus they can do custom wraps for no extra cost. I got my American walnut dark wood wr from there and it's superb quality.

Leave a comment:

• TheYardbird
    replied
    Yeah just the hoops looked weird. I hate having this feeling that I want to do something with my drums but I don't know what! I don't need any more toms,I habe already planned to upgrade the cymbals as the next purchase for the kit. I just want to do... Something to make it unique, the current finish is still great and I'm sure that if I would go and change it I would probably regret it. I still have that bassdrum-mounted cymbal arm to attach though, with a little luck it'll be enough to satisfy my need for modding..

Leave a comment:

• Tommy_D
    replied
    My vote is for all stain. Just the hoops looks pretty gross. But it could just be the god awful white balance of the original photo that's throwing it off.

Leave a comment:

• perceval
    replied
    Mike, sorry to read that you are spending some time at the hospital. I know time passes so slowly there.... Wish you a quick recovery.

Here's a quick render from your picture. Forgive the crudeness ... I didn't spend much time on this, but it should help a little.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• TheYardbird
    replied
    I'm still curious about how the bassdrum would look with dark stained hoops. With a little luck I could unwrap the hoops without ruining the wrap so that I could re-attach the wrap if I would be disappointed with the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• TheYardbird
    replied
    Well the only pics I find of finishes in darker wood tones are pics of the "walnut glaze" finish, and that basically exactly what I had in mind! Although I always have such a hard time making decisions. The Satin Natural looks great, Walnut Glaze looks great, and Copper Sparkle looks great. I would also love to design some personal, vintage-looking badges and a custom reso head for my bassdrum, but I've got the bassdrum head covered already

Leave a comment:

• Joemammy91
    replied
    Do a Google search of the kit name......and you will see the variety of wood tone colors......

Leave a comment:

• TheYardbird
    replied
    Here's the link to a bunch of photos: http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=...EMt5ojOw%3D%3D I'm not completely done with the A2E conversion yet so there's no pics with the kit all set up unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• TheYardbird
    replied
    I'm hospitalized at the time being. But I have a TinyPic-album with a bunch of pictures of the kot, I donno if any of them is good enough, but I'll try to find the link. You prefer the Satin Natural wrap? It is indeed a lovely finish, I was just toying with the idea of staining the drums to make them more unique and staining is probably one of not many things I could pull off, haha

Leave a comment:

• Joemammy91
    replied
    I just did a search for your kit and found it in a variety of colors, darker wood tones........my personal preference..........the set you have....just sayin'...

Leave a comment:

• Joemammy91
    replied
    Send me some pics, high resolution preferred. I can give it a try.......

Leave a comment:

• TheYardbird
    started a topic Any photoshoppers here?

Any photoshoppers here?

Working...
X