Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebay Vent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Vent!

[email protected]#@^%$#*&^*!!!#$%^&&^&&%[email protected]!!!!!! I absolutely despise it when I find something I want or need...save for months to so I can push that "Buy It Now" button..only to receive something a different what was offered and pictured in the sale! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

I feel much better now........

.........never mind....I'M STILL P!SSED OFF!!!

Thank you...that is all.........

8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Are you not in refund terratory?

Comment

Yeah...I started a dialogue(no response yet)...but it's way less than convenient and it will probly cost me more money that I don't have to send the stuff back when it should have just been an easy transaction. Frankly though....I don't really want a refund...I want what they advertised. That's why I ordered it. It's just a PITA.
      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting

Comment

Come on! You can't do that to us without providing a link to the original ebay listing, along with photos of what you actually received! It's just not fair! ;-)
        eKit (TD-30KV): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/performa...y-s-drums-td39
        aKit: (Tama Starclassic): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/acoustic...ma-starclassic
        TD30Browser: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...4-td30-browser

Comment

Yeh let's see what's made you mad!

Comment

Nah...it's just a vent. Besides I have been in contact with the seller and they said this particular item was unavailable so they sent me the replacement which is very different from what I need. Supposedly they will be refunding my money and sending a label so that it can be returned.

Satisfied?....not really but it is something that if it works out it means I didn't lose anything but time. I will say though that they did respond very quickly to resolve this....kudos for that at least.

Now I just need to go out on a search for what I was looking for to begin with....again....and hope it cost approx the same as what I had saved for this.

Comment

I'll vent about Ebay. I've been using ebay for ages. But until I started buying drum stuff from random sellers, I had never before encountered shill bidding. Sure seems it's all over drum category. Either put the price you want to start with, or play honest. I have not had this problem in other categories I shop in.

Since the trying times I've found a batch of regular sellers who are honest, but sure seems drums category has a network of shill bidders working for various people, or you have same sellers using multiple ID's. Only way around it is to snipe because otherwise you'll amazingly find your bid is bid up to the max, but not over by (0) feedback bidders who seem to have bids on 5 sets at once. Until the end, that is. This was back when I was trying to get a whole kit and some sellers would post them at dumb starting bids. Well, seems (0) bidders kept winning them at the end, and they had a drum kit to list all over again a couple weeks later. I'd track same bidder as high bidder on 5 kits. Maybe was Ebay's thing doing it, but I never saw feedback for these people left, and the drums they kept being re-listed. Price it for what you want, or use Make Offer, after you price it for too much. :P
              - - -
              Remo Practice set conversion, DIY cymbals, PD-7's & PD-9's, CY-5, Sonor Hi-Hat stand, Roland TD-6V, Zoom RT-123, CB700 snare, Simmons SDMP1 Tunes: https://soundcloud.com/artly-there

Comment

I hate it when they send me a marital aid not in my size that I requested.

Daniel, I'm with ya.....next time, let me know and I'll go pay someone a visit in my alter ego as "Guido".

K ;-)
                My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

• hemiboy
                  hemiboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, we'll make them an offer they can't refuse!

that sucks man!

It also sucks when people dont even reply to your request for purchase!!!.. not a peep! errrrrrr but thats a kijiji/craigslist problem, not ebay
                Last edited by spikeithard; 05-10-14, 09:31 AM.
                TD-30 , DW3000 Double pedal, 3XCY-12, 2XCY14, Cy15R. 3XPD105, 3XPD125, VH12 hats, Yorkville powered 1000W P.A

Comment

I find (for all things) eBay can be terrible for me if I'm buying from a lot of international sellers. They allow 45 days (I think) to open a case and some of the items I'm buying take longer than that to get to Australia! When it arrives, r doesn't arrive in the 60 days mentioned, I have no chance of getting anywhere if the seller doesn't cooperate and I'm even out of time to leave bad feedback. This has resulted in me having to open a case before the item is meant to arrive so that I'm covered if it doesn't show up or if there is a problem, and then I have to explain that to the seller. "I know it said allow up to 60 days but I need to open a case now just in case it doesn't arrive or I am out of time, sorry."

My other big gripe with eBay is shipping and "handling". So, these aren't drums that I was trying to buy, but sort of drum related (Animal - the best drummer of all time). I was after a little figurine to stick to a cymbal wing nut. I found one, for something like $5. Awesome! Then it was $120 shipping and handling. I made a complaint to eBay and they don't care. Sellers can avoid fees on the actual product by marking up their shipping by a ridiculous amount. $120 to post a tiny plastic figure worth $5? Riiiiiiiight. Someone from eBay was going to look into it after I queried it again and pointed out the seller was ripping off eBay, but they didn't.

Last thing, for an online business they have no listed customer service email address, just a phone number. What the hell? I want to email them when it's convenient, not talk to someone on the phone during their hours. That's why I shop online!

That said, I have had more success with eBay than failure, so I will keep using it, and keep getting annoyed as these things occur.
                  Kaiju
                  Roland TD-15KV module and cymbals, Gen 16 AE rack, Gen 16 AE cymbals, Diamond Electronic Drums, Tama HP300 single pedal, Lectric Moo, Carmichael throne

Comment

Well...all things said...the label came but I can't get to returning this until Tuesday because of work. So far the seller has been prompt and very accommodating. Like I said before...it's not all bad as it looks like I will get my refund...it's just that now I have to hunt and research all over again for my allusive product..and no....I'm not telling ...it's a surprise for my build. Of course it's been done before...but not by me. It'll all be laid out in my build thread once it's complete....if it can be found.....for the price I need. I was really looking forward to freedom from the stress on this one....but now the search continues.

Comment

At least the seller is reasonable. I'm glad you got your refund.
                      Kaiju
                      Roland TD-15KV module and cymbals, Gen 16 AE rack, Gen 16 AE cymbals, Diamond Electronic Drums, Tama HP300 single pedal, Lectric Moo, Carmichael throne

Comment

.............edit............

I'm not even sure how to go about getting my money back now..................

EDIT: just got another email...she said "Paypal has froze your refund in my account, so we just have to wait on them to get the money for you....I am not refusing to refund, I just can't refund, it is already taken out of my account..."

I'm not sure exactly what that means.....I guess I'll have to contact paypal somehow. How do I do that? phone call?

Sooo......I guess I'll edit out my derogatory symbolism...and take a breath......
                        Last edited by fulrmr(Daniel); 05-14-14, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Dang, that's serious bad mojo and business practice. Hope you didn't leave a feedback yet (other than negative) PayPal should help you out though. File an "item not as described" report with PayPal if you haven't yet.
                          - - -
                          Remo Practice set conversion, DIY cymbals, PD-7's & PD-9's, CY-5, Sonor Hi-Hat stand, Roland TD-6V, Zoom RT-123, CB700 snare, Simmons SDMP1 Tunes: https://soundcloud.com/artly-there

Comment

I filed one with ebay (albeit inadvertently) ...I guess that's why it's "frozen" (defer to my edit for details). Should I do the same at paypal...or will ebay handle it?

Comment

Working...
                            X