Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 520 kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 520 kit

If this is in the wrong area, I apologize, I'm not selling this kit, so I didn't think classifieds made sense. Anyway I just came across this listing and thought I'd notify the forum. Seems like a crazy deal if it's legit.
    http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/4447880703.html

You know what they say about things that are too good to be true.

I saw a listing on Craigslist for a DTXpress 4 module with DTXtreem3 pads for $350. Yeah... The cymbals alone are worth $350 used.
    I think my work is done here.

Comment

Yeah that is for dirt if it is legit, be careful and proceed with caution I would only do cash snd carry with this deal and bring somebody with you to grab it making sure there is nothing shady

Comment

Sometimes these deals are actual deals, but the reasons behind them are nefarious. I looked at the email on this ad and it has the word "doe" in it, implying "female". Don't know of any male drummers that would have that in there, it makes me think his wife or girlfriend is selling his sh&t right out from under him. Just proffering one of the many examples of why it could be a bargain!
        K ;-)
        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Definitely fake. If you search for the email address listed in the ad, they're selling random stuff on Craigslist in random cities. The DTX-520 in Seattle, a KitchenAid mixer in Nashville, a stove in Philly, a Kegerator in Tampa. When in doubt, try uploading one of the images in the ad to Google image search. This one traces back to this ad selling the DTX-520 for $600 in North Carolina: http://www.talkbass.com/threads/fs-y...m-set.1069256/

Comment

Thanks for the heads up and all the research!
            K
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Seemed too good to be true! Sketchy at best!

Comment

Working...
              X