Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new acoustic kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenster
    commented on 's reply
    That's what our local radio station calls an ASNER...Acute Spontaneous Nasal Eruption....there's even an Urban Dictionary reference to it. I'll be here all week!

• TheYardbird
    replied
    Originally posted by hemiboy View Post
    This is the best. I showed the pics of the the tree stump kit to my girl and she said and I quote, " I wish you would play your drums out in the woods like that, You know, I despise your drums! I wish she didn't beat around the bush, and would tell me exactly what was on her mind ! And then just to endear you guys to her as well, she said, " Is that all you and those other idiots have to do all day is take pictures of tree stumps? So, I am thinking about moving the flat screen I bought her over by my drums to use it as a monitor
    Oooh guys! A girl recognizes our existance!!
    And no, lady, I don't have anything else to do all day.

Leave a comment:

• hemiboy
    replied
    Loved it bro, thanks! My coffee shot right out of my nostrils, thank you very much!

Leave a comment:

• Kenster
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hemiboy
    replied
    The more I look at her coffee table , it would make a nice kick drum, with just a few minor alterations, lol. If she didn't have nice roto toms and a beautiful throne thumper, I would consider selling her and buying some new gear with the proceeds

Leave a comment:

• hemiboy
    replied
    This is the best. I showed the pics of the the tree stump kit to my girl and she said and I quote, " I wish you would play your drums out in the woods like that, You know, I despise your drums! I wish she didn't beat around the bush, and would tell me exactly what was on her mind ! And then just to endear you guys to her as well, she said, " Is that all you and those other idiots have to do all day is take pictures of tree stumps? So, I am thinking about moving the flat screen I bought her over by my drums to use it as a monitor

Leave a comment:

• Kenster
    replied
    No need for sparkle wrap, the natural wood finish looks better than DW! I realize this is probably the most heavy duty kit there is, I feel for the drum tech hauling that around and setting up/tearing down. You' probably get a better tone with nylon tipped sticks. And I must say, these looks even better than the 7 to 9 ply maple kits out there today....what is it, 122 ply?

K ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Macarina
    replied
    So if you play them in the woods, do they make a sound?

Leave a comment:

• KennyinDundee
    replied
    With choosing drum kits....you just sometimes cant see the wood for the trees

Leave a comment:

• hairmetal-81
    replied
    You'll get to touch a nice, visible 'grain', combined with a very 'natural' sound steming from 'air-sealed' stave shells... I guess someone will get wood seeing this kit for sure!

Leave a comment:

• KennyinDundee
    replied
    A nice crack....and I thought we were talking drums!

Leave a comment:

• hemiboy
    replied
    Yeah that kit will definitely give you wood!

Leave a comment:

• jammin777
    replied
    you play these drums with a pair of hatchets to get that nice crack!

Leave a comment:

• jimorlando
    replied
    I guess the cymbals have a fast decay

Leave a comment:

• KennyinDundee
    replied
    If you played a kit like that live, youd probably get the 'chop'. Still, bet it makes a 'cutting- sound.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X