Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KD-140 double bounce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-140 double bounce

I am getting a double bounce (physical) on my kick drum. Is that caused by having the head too loose or too tight? I will try adjusting this weekend but thought I would tap the knowledge bank here for your experience.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Pedal spring adjustments and technique can also contribute.
    That said, tightening up mesh head tends to solve problems as a general rule. :-)
    Mini-kit: TD-9 + Alesis Control Pad + Alesis Sample Pad + PDX-6 snare
    Micro-kit: Handsonic HPD-20 + an old pair of hands.
    Speakers: QSC-K10 "thumper", DBR-10 "little thumper"

Comment

Thanks, I will give it a try. I did not have this issue on my KD-8. I've also never adjusted the springs on my pedal. Maybe it's time to try that as well.
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

I agree adjust the pedal first the head still needs to be tight so you do not ruin the piezo and cone.
        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

For the KD140 drum head, how tight is tight? I did tighten it out of the box and a little more yesterday and a little more today. It is more of an effort to turn the key. I don't want to over do it.

Comment

It sounds like you have it tight enough at this point. You could try a bass drum patch such as a Remo falam slam. It protects and lessens the bounce.

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Thanks I have an Evans patch on it already. Do you think the beaters that came with the TD30KV would make a difference? I am using the one that came with the DW7000 with the plastic hitting the drum head.

Comment

No, pretty much should be the same. But with the patch on you could try a felt or cotton beater, that would make a difference. I have always just used the one that came with my DW3000 pedal.

Comment

Thanks. I will give that a try tonight.

Comment

Working...
                  X