Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Hart Dynamics still in business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Hart Dynamics still in business?

Hi,
    I'm looking for some replacement parts for a damaged Hart Pro snare. I've received no reply from Hart's contact form on their site, and the support email address bounces.

Are they still in business? Website looks functional.

Many thanks,
    Skye

Yeah they went out of business a while back. So in order to find replacement parts you'd have to contact whatever music store you can think of and ask them if they'd happen to have some parts left in stock. Although it's highly unlikely.

Comment

I believe Pintech is able to repair or upgrade Hart products but I don't think they handle Hart warranties. I don't think anyone does now that Hart is gone.
      Roland TD-30, VH-13, 2 pcs CY-12c, Alesis DM Pro 14" three zone ride, Pintech Concertcast dual zone: 12" snare, 2 pcs 10" toms, 12" tom, 12" kick, Gibraltar rack, DW 9000 or Axis A pedal, Gibraltar HH stand, DW snare stand, DIY "Butkicker" style tactile transducer system using Aura shakers.

Comment

Funny, they still have a website that looks like they are chugging along.

Comment

I have electronic device that i use for image backups from weddings. The manufacturer packed up shop a quite a few years ago now from all reports and their website is still up and running (hasn't changed though)...it's damn annoying as my device failed under warranty

Roland TD-30KV, Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal, Pearl H1000 hit hat stand, Shure SE530 IEMs, AKG K171 MKII Headphones, Mackie DLM PA, Yamaha MG102C mixer, Roland Studio Capture

Natal Walnut kit (US Fusion X), Bosphorus Antique 16" Crash & 22" Ride, Bosphorus Gold Series 14" hats.

Comment

Erik at RMC Audio may have parts, not sure about warranty! Would think not, but ask
            Last edited by hemiboy; 03-19-14, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Well that's a damn shame. Goes to show that "lifetime warranty" doesn't really mean much, necessarily. I love my Harts Pros, but kinda makes me wish I'd gone roland after all.
              Originally posted by evilcartman View Post
              Funny, they still have a website that looks like they are chugging along.
              Yeah that's pretty weird. Cheers

Comment

If you do need lugs, etc. try Precision Drum. If you need trigger parts, you can try Pintech. As an owner of both Hart and Pintech, you may need to find a way to mount the Pintech trigger "tower" which is different from the Pintech in height, etc. Alternatively, if you don't care about positional sensing, you could easily mount an Intrigg to the inside of the shell.

No matter your need, you should be able to get the snare up and running.

If you want a new Hart Pro Snare, I was lucky in that I sent my Hart snare in for repair and they completely replaced the entire electronics, triggers, towers, and put a new head on it right before they went out of business. It's essentially a brand new drum. I'd be willing to sell it if you're heart is set on Hart. Last I saw they were going for about $250 used on eBay. Send me a PM if you are interested.
                ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will look into replacement parts.
                  Being in Australia, it's all a bit more difficult. There's barely anyone here who has even heard of Hart, let alone supported their products.

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
                  If you want a new Hart Pro Snare, I was lucky in that I sent my Hart snare in for repair and they completely replaced the entire electronics, triggers, towers, and put a new head on it right before they went out of business. It's essentially a brand new drum. I'd be willing to sell it if you're heart is set on Hart. Last I saw they were going for about $250 used on eBay. Send me a PM if you are interested.
                  Depending on how my search for parts goes, I may well take you up on that.

Cheers

Comment

STK, I have some Hart parts. Let me know what you want and I'll see if I can help. (I'm in Brisbane, by the way).
                    . digitalDrummer
                    Review index

Comment

allanjohn, many thanks for the kind offer!

The situation is this: one of the lug bolts has broken off a few mm from the lug itself. I have no idea why this happened - I can only assume a manufacturing fault with the lug bolt - perhaps it was crossthreaded when I received it. When I attempted to re-tension the head the bolt literally snapped off.
                      I am unable to get the snapped bolt fragment back out of the lug. I've tried various tools, pliers, grips, wd40, silicon, you name it.. She's well stuck.

The snare is exhibiting very inconsistent triggering, and often glitchy retriggering/machinegunning. I'm not sure whether this is due to uneven head tension due to the missing bolt, or whether the trigger and/or tower are also faulty.

So.. I definitely need to track down a lug (and another bolt, although I presume the actual bolts are fairly standard?), and perhaps (hope not) an entire replacement trigger & foam column.

Thanks again, happy to take this to PM if you prefer (in VIC here).

Cheers,
                      Skye
                      Last edited by stk; 03-26-14, 08:19 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Working...
                      X