Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we being hacked or is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we being hacked or is it just me?

Each time I click on a forum or topic in a forum, a new tab (Chrome) is opened and directed to some random spammer website. This has never happened before. Anyone else seeing this?
    Roland TD12 module / DIY Kit in progress, Gretsch Blackhawk A (soon to be E) kit.

Haven't experienced that yet...and hope I don't. Sounds lie you inadvertently downloaded something.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Sounds like you picked up some malware somewhere. I highly doubt it was here.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Please say it ain't so.....I've become tired the last time already ....not again!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Yes, it sounds like you loaded some malware. Chances are it's from Russia and if you go to your temp file and scroll through it all, you may see a russian looking file that you should delete. It's a shot in the dark, but I've seen something similar happen before.
          Roland TDW-20 Frankenstein kit: TDW-20 Module, TD-12 Rack. 1 PD-125 Snare, 4 PD-105 Toms, 1 KD-120 Kick, 1 CY-12 Cymbals, 3 CY-8 Cymbals, 1 VH-12 Hi-Hat, DW-9000 Remote Hi-Hat Controller, DW-5002AD3 Double Bass Pedal, Roc N Soc Nitro Rider Throne, Homemade Drumstick Holder.

Comment

Something like this happened to me a couple of years ago. I highly recommend this: http://www.malwarebytes.org/ Download it and run it. It will seek out and destroy malware. It's free.

Comment

Good, I'm glad it's just me. I was using my wife's laptop last night when this happened. Jim, I'll checkout the link you provided tonight, thank you.
              Roland TD12 module / DIY Kit in progress, Gretsch Blackhawk A (soon to be E) kit.

Comment

+1000 on malwarebytes...great program. I also use Spybot in conjunction with malwarebytes and get everything off my PC. You definitely have something that's tweaked your browser.
                K ;-)
                My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
                E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
                A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
                A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

• BWaj
                  BWaj commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed on both of these, great stuff and free!

I'll tell you what I tell everyone I know with a PC. Get an annual subscription to Trend Micro Titanium, and you'll never have a problem again. I've used Trend for close to 20 years now. The ONLY one time I ever had a virus/malware was the one year I "took a chance". Went back to using it and have never had a problem again. Trend is simply the best computer security on the planet. Period.
                Alan
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

http://www.superantispyware.com/down...NTISPYWAREFREE

SKK

Comment

The MalwareBytes software found 15 malicious files on my wife's PC. While it was scanning she was telling me how she hasn't downloaded anything. When it finished, much to my amusement, all 15 of the malicious files where found under her user data. Lol. At any rate, it has been cleared up. Thanks again Jim.

Comment

Working...
                    X