Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's quiet around here these days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's quiet around here these days!

Does anybody else think its been quiet around here since the meltdown? It seems like there are fewer new threads and posts compared to previously? Or am I wrong???

Absolutely.
    I'm gonna go post over on FB that it's running the best it ever has now, from what I've seen this morning.
    Alan's put in some pretty hard yards to get it there.
    I'm not experiencing timeouts any more (most of the reason I stopped even trying to contribute, that and Internal Server Errors...).
    And my replies are posting almost instantly, as are the thread links when I click on them.
    So, yeah, I'm back!

Comment

I agree. What was "the meltdown"? I also think we haven't had anything really exciting to talk about like the time leading up to and after the TD-30 release. Maybe that's it? Now if Yamaha announces release of a new DTX 7 or 9 series "big brother" to the 5 with loads of flash memory, traffic will be much heavier on the forum. We can dream.
      Pearl Mimic Pro, eDRUMin 10, ATV aDrums, DIY Conversion kit, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

How about the reborn 808? The new AIRA series of things. With digital modeling of analog parts! (Sorry -- the EE in me just thinks thats plain wrong. If you want analog, use analog, don't be clever with digital .)
        TD-30++ (TD-30, Diamond Electronic Drums 14x5 snare+Ludwig Atlas Pro II, 2xPDX-8, 2xPDX-6, VH-11+Gibraltar 9607DL-LD, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, KT-10) + DA200S, almost all on an MDS-4 and a bit on the floor.

Comment

Say, Kenny, do you miss something? ...like, controversy?

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I've been thinking the same thing for the last couple of days. There wasn't many new threads being made and when NAMM ended things went almost completely silent D:

Comment

It'll pick back up. Things are running the best they have in several months. Believe it or not, traffic lately is pretty much what it has always been. There's just been a drop in the usual posting members due to the issues we suffered.
              Alan
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Alan, I can only imagine the wonders you have performed and time and effort you have put in to get the forums back up and running to their full capacity again...a huge, enormous, gigantic, collossal THANK YOU. I was beginning to lose heart during the time that the new vbulletin was being phased in, but stuck with it as this forum is simply the best edrum source of info, support and expertise on the net. Again Alan...thank you! Right...lets get posting everyone and by doing that we are showing Alan our appreciation of his tremendous work!

Comment

+1 x10e10

Thaaaaank Youuuu, Alan!
                  Pearl Mimic Pro, eDRUMin 10, ATV aDrums, DIY Conversion kit, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

I agree intruder!

Comment

I got so used to "just reading" that it's mostly the only thing I do now....especially will the strange hours of my new job. Not much going on in the DIY realm for quite some time anyway...oh well.
                      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

"...and now for some noise..:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEhhhhhhhh......."

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

While I am a newbie here, I frequent a few other forums. It seems they go through spurts of down time. But the camaraderie of this site appears to be in tact and for that reason alone, it will be fine for years to come. I appreciate all the help I got when trying to mumble through the e-drum buying process. Now I enjoy coming by and visiting.
                          Roland TDW-20 Frankenstein kit: TDW-20 Module, TD-12 Rack. 1 PD-125 Snare, 4 PD-105 Toms, 1 KD-120 Kick, 1 CY-12 Cymbals, 3 CY-8 Cymbals, 1 VH-12 Hi-Hat, DW-9000 Remote Hi-Hat Controller, DW-5002AD3 Double Bass Pedal, Roc N Soc Nitro Rider Throne, Homemade Drumstick Holder.

Comment

I'm still here, El Guapo!!!!

Buy seriously, I have been busy with a new project, ie. buying a house. So, not much action going on with the drums right now.
                            I think my work is done here.

Comment

Tut tut tommyd...imagine letting a small insignificant thing like buying a new house stop you posting on vdrums! Shame on you lol Hope its going well mate, all the best!

Comment

Working...
                              X