Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best thing that happened to you?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is the best thing that happened to you?

    I have been MIA for a while, while this site was getting straightened out. It looks at least somewhat better now.

    With that, my next forum community query for entertainment and possibly learning-of-life purposes:

    I had posted a query that was very entertaining about what was the worst thing that ever happened to you while drumming. I thought the flipside would be interesting:
    What is the best thing that ever happened to you while drumming?

    I would say it is fair to speak a specific incidences, or, general things.

    Example of specific: My cymbal fell off of my kit while playing live, rolled close to a female, who found it funny, and eventually became my wife. Etc...
    Example of Gen.: Drumming has helped me to become a better person by gaining more confidence. Etc...

    Please do openly share!
    TD-9 Module Gen 2; TMC-6 Slave Module; PD-105BK; PD-85BK x 3; CY-13R x 1; CY-12C x 3; Kit Toy China 15" x 1; Kit Toy Splash 10" x 2; KD-9; CY-5 x 2; FD-9-; Pintech Dinbat used as Cowbell; TDA-700 & Roland KCW-1 Sub Woofer; Pearl 902 Double Pedal; ROC-N-SOC V- Stool with Back Rest

  • #2
    Kind of a tough question for me as I have had many life experiences that at the time were the best thing that could have ever happened such as being "Born Again" and giving up drugs and alcohol almost 20 years ago now. Since then...life has been a roller coaster...each day taking the good with the bad and trying to be happy that I'm still alive. So...as of today...the best thing that has happened is that I woke up....I have a well paying job...my wife (another one of those "best things") and will be celebrating our 28th anniversary in a few days despite the life I led in the past and I have Hope that the good days will out number the bad ones in the years to come.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

    Comment


    • hemiboy
      hemiboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats on the 20! Put it down in '87 first time and flip flopped since but going on 5 yrs no drugs! Stil have a beer once in a blue. Four beers in 3 months. Anyway , my best thing ever was the day my son was born and the next was the day he celebrated a year clean from the hardest drug out there and I was there!

  • #3
    I typically play at home since its a hobby. I don't gig or anything but do turn on my stage lights and act like I do from time to time, so as far "The best to happene to me while drumming", really hasnt happened I guess. I have my family and obviously survived all three deployments to Iraq and one to Afghanistan. I am still waiting for that moment when Neil Peart is drumming and chunks me some Lumber though.
    Roland TD-30KV, Alesis Strike Pro Kit, Tama HW, QSC K10x2, Logic Pro, Toontrack Superior Drummer 3, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre Thunderbolt Interface

    Comment


    • #4
      Originally posted by Rushfan74 View Post
      I typically play at home since its a hobby. I don't gig or anything but do turn on my stage lights and act like I do from time to time, so as far "The best to happene to me while drumming", really hasnt happened I guess. I have my family and obviously survived all three deployments to Iraq and one to Afghanistan. I am still waiting for that moment when Neil Peart is drumming and chunks me some Lumber though.
      I most definitely want to thank you for your service; you are a hero.
      TD-9 Module Gen 2; TMC-6 Slave Module; PD-105BK; PD-85BK x 3; CY-13R x 1; CY-12C x 3; Kit Toy China 15" x 1; Kit Toy Splash 10" x 2; KD-9; CY-5 x 2; FD-9-; Pintech Dinbat used as Cowbell; TDA-700 & Roland KCW-1 Sub Woofer; Pearl 902 Double Pedal; ROC-N-SOC V- Stool with Back Rest

      Comment


      • #5
        Originally posted by GuruMyStick View Post

        I most definitely want to thank you for your service; you are a hero.
        +1...


        Comment


        • #6
          Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
          Kind of a tough question for me as I have had many life experiences that at the time were the best thing that could have ever happened such as being "Born Again" and giving up drugs and alcohol almost 20 years ago now. Since then...life has been a roller coaster...each day taking the good with the bad and trying to be happy that I'm still alive. So...as of today...the best thing that has happened is that I woke up....I have a well paying job...my wife (another one of those "best things") and will be celebrating our 28th anniversary in a few days despite the life I led in the past and I have Hope that the good days will out number the bad ones in the years to come.
          Congratulations of your chosen better road to sobriety; you are a hero too.
          TD-9 Module Gen 2; TMC-6 Slave Module; PD-105BK; PD-85BK x 3; CY-13R x 1; CY-12C x 3; Kit Toy China 15" x 1; Kit Toy Splash 10" x 2; KD-9; CY-5 x 2; FD-9-; Pintech Dinbat used as Cowbell; TDA-700 & Roland KCW-1 Sub Woofer; Pearl 902 Double Pedal; ROC-N-SOC V- Stool with Back Rest

          Comment


          • #7
            Originally posted by GuruMyStick View Post

            Congratulations of your chosen better road to sobriety; you are a hero too.
            Thanks...I'm humbled...but I'm no hero. Just a fella trying to do the right thing after many misspent years. In a few months I will have been "clean" 1 year longer than I spent using. An accomplishment....yes...Heroic....I'm not so sure. Them folks like Rushfan74 who give up everything for the rest of us....those are heroes....but I do appreciate the acknowledgement.
            8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
            http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

            Comment


            • #8
              Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post

              Thanks...I'm humbled...but I'm no hero. Just a fella trying to do the right thing after many misspent years. In a few months I will have been "clean" 1 year longer than I spent using. An accomplishment....yes...Heroic....I'm not so sure. Them folks like Rushfan74 who give up everything for the rest of us....those are heroes....but I do appreciate the acknowledgement.
              You are modest, which even shows more about your character, and you are welcome, indeed.
              TD-9 Module Gen 2; TMC-6 Slave Module; PD-105BK; PD-85BK x 3; CY-13R x 1; CY-12C x 3; Kit Toy China 15" x 1; Kit Toy Splash 10" x 2; KD-9; CY-5 x 2; FD-9-; Pintech Dinbat used as Cowbell; TDA-700 & Roland KCW-1 Sub Woofer; Pearl 902 Double Pedal; ROC-N-SOC V- Stool with Back Rest

              Comment


              • #9
                Gone dormant so: learning humility.
                TD-9 Module Gen 2; TMC-6 Slave Module; PD-105BK; PD-85BK x 3; CY-13R x 1; CY-12C x 3; Kit Toy China 15" x 1; Kit Toy Splash 10" x 2; KD-9; CY-5 x 2; FD-9-; Pintech Dinbat used as Cowbell; TDA-700 & Roland KCW-1 Sub Woofer; Pearl 902 Double Pedal; ROC-N-SOC V- Stool with Back Rest

                Comment


                • #10
                  My Mother

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by PatRRichards View Post
                    My Mother
                    My Mother

                    Hit me right in the chest, in a good way:

                    Lost mine, if you still have yours, thank he while you may, if unfortunately not, thank her in your heart
                    TD-9 Module Gen 2; TMC-6 Slave Module; PD-105BK; PD-85BK x 3; CY-13R x 1; CY-12C x 3; Kit Toy China 15" x 1; Kit Toy Splash 10" x 2; KD-9; CY-5 x 2; FD-9-; Pintech Dinbat used as Cowbell; TDA-700 & Roland KCW-1 Sub Woofer; Pearl 902 Double Pedal; ROC-N-SOC V- Stool with Back Rest

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      As far as drumming goes, being lucky enough to get booked by the Hard Rock Cafe to play throughout Mexico. We arrived at the Hard Rock in Acapulco and I saw the cutest gal in my life working there. She ended up being even more beautiful on the inside and 22 years later, she's still beautiful and for some reason still married to me. Pretty cool when you get to go play in a foreign country and meet the love of your life doing it!
                      TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

                      Comment


                      • #13
                        Originally posted by BWaj View Post
                        As far as drumming goes, being lucky enough to get booked by the Hard Rock Cafe to play throughout Mexico. We arrived at the Hard Rock in Acapulco and I saw the cutest gal in my life working there. She ended up being even more beautiful on the inside and 22 years later, she's still beautiful and for some reason still married to me. Pretty cool when you get to go play in a foreign country and meet the love of your life doing it!
                        That was more than awe-some
                        Good 4 u!
                        TD-9 Module Gen 2; TMC-6 Slave Module; PD-105BK; PD-85BK x 3; CY-13R x 1; CY-12C x 3; Kit Toy China 15" x 1; Kit Toy Splash 10" x 2; KD-9; CY-5 x 2; FD-9-; Pintech Dinbat used as Cowbell; TDA-700 & Roland KCW-1 Sub Woofer; Pearl 902 Double Pedal; ROC-N-SOC V- Stool with Back Rest

                        Comment


                        • #14
                          The best thing that happened to me musically, was discovering Roland V Drums. Im really fussy about sound quality and spent a small fortune upgrading my acoustics. - but to no avail, they always will sound clangy and NOTHING like the sound u hear on a cd. So, when i discovered V Drums it was like reaching nirvana for me.

                          Comment


                          • #15
                            Originally posted by Rushfan74 View Post
                            I typically play at home since its a hobby. I don't gig or anything but do turn on my stage lights and act like I do from time to time, so as far "The best to happene to me while drumming", really hasnt happened I guess. I have my family and obviously survived all three deployments to Iraq and one to Afghanistan. I am still waiting for that moment when Neil Peart is drumming and chunks me some Lumber though.
                            All My Respect Mate

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X