Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital Drummer Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Drummer Magazine

This may not be applicable here but does anyone read Digital Drummer magazine on-line? I have been reading for about a year – including back issues. The latest issue (February) has been released/posted. However, it appears they have added a subscription fee of $6.99 – in the past it was free. Maybe it's me and I'm just not logging on correctly. Any opinions?

Found out last nite that when you hit submit and it offers you 2 options hit cancel then read

Comment

I tried that but it sat at "Loading Data" for ever. It never came up. Maybe it was a sever problem. I'll try again later.

Comment

• allanjohn
        allanjohn commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you actually complete your PayPal payment?

same here.
      electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

• allanjohn
        allanjohn commented
        Editing a comment
        Please contact me if you're having trouble after the payment process.

It is no longer a free subscription, but well worth the low price IMO. In the mailout or if you go to the website you will see this in the body of the description for this month's issue:

There's a marketing saying that "where there's no price, there's no value" and readers will see that from this edition, we now have a cover price on digitalDrummer.
      Many of you have followed us since our 2010 launch and enjoyed access to top-quality, independent editorial content. We can no longer afford to provide that information for free and we are asking readers to show that they value what they've been getting.
      We're not asking much - the cost of a drumstick for each edition.
      The archive with all our back issues will, however, remain free
      I hope you enjoy the latest edition and continue to support digitalDrummer.

Allan Leibowitz
      Last edited by JmanWord; 02-01-14, 04:51 PM.
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Thanks for explaining, Jerry.
        Yes, from February, digitalDrummer - like most good things - is no longer free.
        Readers have the choice of buying the latest issue of $6.99, or getting a one-year subscription for $25.99.
        Once you have paid via paypal, you are directed back to the login page and asked to pay again - but if you hit cancel, you are directed to the latest edition.
        If anyone has any problems, please let me know.
        Thanks to all of those who supported digitalDrummer in its first four years - and I hope you continue to do so and enjoy what we offer.
        Regards
        Allan
        . digitalDrummer
        Review index

Comment

I agree , it was a gift for all the info and articles, now it is our time to support the mag and just pay a low price to read every month. not a biggie

Comment

I hear you. Like Hemi says, no biggie.

Thanks again...
            SKK

Comment

Great issue, love the BFD3 article.
              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

I don't think it should be free anyway. You should be paid properly!
                Kaiju
                Roland TD-15KV module and cymbals, Gen 16 AE rack, Gen 16 AE cymbals, Diamond Electronic Drums, Tama HP300 single pedal, Lectric Moo, Carmichael throne

Comment

Is it US dollars or AUS dollars?

Comment

• allanjohn
                    allanjohn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's US$

Originally posted by Oenone View Post
                  I don't think it should be free anyway. You should be paid properly!
                  This is the problem. Free-to-readers results in a much greater reader database with which to charge for advertising (which is how most magazines make their money - when you buy a mag in a shop, the cover cost basically pays for the physical production and distribution, the content itself is 'free' to the reader and is paid for by advertisers). Moving to paid-readers reduces the readership which in turn reduces the value to any potential advertisers...

Comment

Originally posted by flurbs View Post

This is the problem. Free-to-readers results in a much greater reader database with which to charge for advertising (which is how most magazines make their money - when you buy a mag in a shop, the cover cost basically pays for the physical production and distribution, the content itself is 'free' to the reader and is paid for by advertisers). Moving to paid-readers reduces the readership which in turn reduces the value to any potential advertisers...
                    I can't speak to this...you may be absolutely correct...but collecting a subscription may allow more capital to seek out more content. If this is the case ...this rate seems very fair for a for a possible "monthly" addition of dD in the future. The more issues...the more excellent content....the more subscribers...the more advertisers.....the more capital.....see the trend?
                    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
                    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

I don't believe in a monthly issue. As good as dD is, I can't see the e-drum 'niche' yield enough new product to fill a monthly issue. One might get more content with more money, though.

All the best to everybody involved in dD magazine!
                      Greetings from Switzerland,
                      - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by flurbs View Post

Flurbs, that was always the intention. Alas, after four years, we have still not had an ad from either for the giant e-drum companies. They are happy to support us editorially, but are "not able" to advertise because they don't have global marketing. So each country has to cover its own promotions. And yes, I have approached the respective country heads in our biggest market, the US (North America accounts for 55% of our subscribers), but without success.
                        So, if digitalDrummer is to continue, it will have to be partly reader-funded. If readers aren't prepared to pay the modest subscription fee, then clearly the publication is not valued in the market and we will be forced to move on to something else.
                        Again, thanks to those who have diligently followed us over four years, thanks to the advertisers who have supported us and thanks also to those of you who have already subscribed under the new arrangements. I am confident this model will work well and ensure an ongoing source of independent, authoritative coverage of a growing market segment.
                        Allan
                        . digitalDrummer
                        Review index

Comment

Working...
                        X