Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland Noise Eater pads… (NE-10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Noise Eater pads… (NE-10)

TD-4K

www.youtube.com/karloyeah

TD-4K

www.youtube.com/karloyeah

Comment

hehehehe....you didn't really expect something inexpensive from Roland....did you?
      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Tennis balls certainly don't cost that much
        --
        West London, UK.
        TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

It's a pity that something so genuine, steming from the DIY community, is now marketed at such wicked prices...

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Given how hard it was for me to get a "perfect" noise isolation platform - I put almost $1,000 into it over 5 iterations - a guaranteed-to-work but somewhat pricey solution doesn't seem that bad to me. The lack of bulk and resulting portability has a lot of upside from my perspective and is the primary value-add IMHO. None of us accomplished it in such a small package. Which also leads me to doubt how effective they really are.

So I am thinking they need some community testing and think I am a good candidate to volunteer to test the NE-10's. I don't think the NE-1's need testing, at least I never had stick impact noise go through the floor.

My floors are known to be very thin, I needed one of the most overdesigned platforms of anyone on this board to achieve my goal of absolute silence in the unit below me.

So I accept the product challenge and volunteer to test it.

I will buy an NE-10 from GC who have a no questions asked return policy and give them my acid test. Get my downstairs neighbor on the phone and ask her how much noise gets through. I can try it on each layer in my platform, starting from bare floor and work my way up through progressively more expensive layers and report back..

I have a krigg on an iron cobra and can get very aggressive with it and no sound gets through currently.

It is a safe bet the NE-10's will attenuate the noise somewhat, but will they work well enough to let me ditch part or all of my platform is the big question in my mind.

Anybody here think the NE-10's will work as well as my 12" multilayer monstrosity built from multiple layers of memory foam and sound abosorbing feet (which mimic tennis balls)?
            Last edited by kurth83; 01-29-14, 06:13 PM.
            Mini-kit: TD-9 + Alesis Control Pad + Alesis Sample Pad + PDX-6 snare
            Micro-kit: Handsonic HPD-20 + an old pair of hands.
            Speakers: QSC-K10 "thumper", DBR-10 "little thumper"

Comment

Go for it and let us know the results and of course, Thanks!

Comment

Good luck with your testing Kurth!

Comment

Definitively do this, Kurth!

...and if you've got a 'level-tester'/'db measuring device' nearby, make good use of that, as Roland still owes us a couple of decent db figures!

Have fun!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                  X