Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

replacement heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenster
    replied
    Ummm...welcome to the Forums? Not sure a standard head will work without massive adjustments and even then I'm not sure about the triggering response. I suspect NOT good.
    Here's some other options:

1. Overnight or 2 day order online a new mesh head

2. Get a replacement drum altogether like a rubber pad just for the gig.

3. use an acoustic snare and mic it just for the gig

As a heads up, this is the LOUNGE area, you'll get way more responses if you post something like this in the Technical or Suggestions threads. Why not post a nice intro with pics of your rig in the FOYER section? Good luck and have fun.

K ;-)

Leave a comment:

• bwilburn79
    replied
    Provided an acoustic head will fit properly on the PDX-8. I'm not saying it wouldn't work but I wouldn't expect it to perform as it does with a mesh head. You'll likely have to adjust the trigger settings and/or type to compensate. Not to mention the obvious noise difference between the acoustic head and the mesh.

Leave a comment:

• drwilmerton
    started a topic replacement heads

replacement heads

Has anyone ever used a regular snare head on a pdx-8, as a replacement head. I had a drum tech tell me it is fine to use acoustic heads? Any advice would be great have a show on Friday and no one around here has mesh heads in stock. Thanks
Working...
X