Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your wet dream!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your wet dream!

Hi there!

I'm bored and on bedrest, couldn't find any thread like this (the search function was acting a bit strange, this has probably been done before) and I felt like starting a thread where we can all share what setup we dream about having!
    What is your ''wet dream'' of e-drums? If you could chose a module/kit, cymbals, hardware of your choice, money is no problem, what would it be?

Personally, I would just LOVE a Yamaha DTX950MK with some Gen16 cymbals of I would replace the ones that comes with the kit, or I'd add some 2box cymbals to accompany the Yamaha ones, I really like the feel of the 2box cymbals, though I haven't played any extensively so I don't really know how they hold up in a longer term.

And as for the kickpedal.. Not sure, but I tried a Gibraltar double-pedal once, Not sure wich one it was, but it was one of the more expensive ones., and it felt great.
    I've tried many pedals that I've felt really uncomfortable with, my feet (when I walk) are kinda pointing outwards with the toes a little bit (not really like a penguin, but it's the same kind of rotated feet) and that results in the feet kind of sloping inwards, not sure how to explain it, but the Gibraltar pedals felt great anyways,they are good looking and had a superb quality feel to them.

And I'd need my trusty ol' Vic Firth 5A sticks as always!
    I would love a high quality throne with backrest aswell, my back is like an old mans'!
    A Yamaha Multi12 would probably be a trusty sidekick, I often use a Maschine or a Novation Launchpad to make a bit of electronic music on my computer so I'm used to be different VST's for.. well, everything.

There's probably tons of stuff I could find to add or replace something with, but I think that this would be my dream set-up, not too complex but very powerful.

Now: Tell me/us what YOUR dream set-up is! Already have everything you want? Post a pic!

Take care now!
    //Mike.
    Last edited by TheYardbird; 01-30-14, 02:06 PM.

TD-30KV with a few extra cymbals from those supplied. A DTX 950 like you, and finally a 2 up 2 down DW performance series with Sabian cymbals for when I get that urge to play 'A's' again. Oh, and a lottery win, and a house where I could play the DW without upsetting the neighbours
    TD-15KV. VEX Evolution. Jobeky Prestige Custom Dual Zone 13" eDrum. PDX-100 X 2. PD-85BK X 2 KD-9 X 1. VH-11. CY-12C X 2. CY-13R. Tama speed cobra. Pearl HI Hat

Comment

Already playing most of it...but I guess I could GAS up a few things....

3 x TD30 modules

3 x 2Box modules

3 full TD30 or equivalent racks Set up simliar to Michael Render's monsters (double stacked with a third circling around to the rear a la Neil Peart)

Motorized drum platform that turns 180 degrees and back via foot switch

Several Crown or QSC digital amps and a massive PA with subs to "monitor" said kit

3 full sets of Gen 16s and Roland cymbals

2 full time drum techs

Dual axle trailer to haul it all

24 channel mixing/engineering station with full Pr Tools suite to record it all

LED lighting kits for all

K ;-)

My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
        2 full time drum techs
        Haha, I love it!

Comment

More in line with the topic....personal lessons from Meytal Cohen
          TD-15KV. VEX Evolution. Jobeky Prestige Custom Dual Zone 13" eDrum. PDX-100 X 2. PD-85BK X 2 KD-9 X 1. VH-11. CY-12C X 2. CY-13R. Tama speed cobra. Pearl HI Hat

Comment

• Kenster
            Kenster commented
            Editing a comment
            How about a personal MASSAGE from Meytal Cohen!
            K ;-)

• TheYardbird
            TheYardbird commented
            Editing a comment
            A massage FROM Meytal Cohen or TO Meytal Cohen? I doubt I'd be able to keep my hands in line! ;P

• hairmetal-81
            hairmetal-81 commented
            Editing a comment
            Too funny...

Mine doesn't exist but it's very simple in concept. It looks, sounds and responds just like a high end acoustic kit with the deepest sort of sensitivity and timbre variation. Basically, no one could tell the difference between this e-kit and the real thing when they sit behind it and play. Except for one thing:

This kit has a volume control.

I've been on this quest for roughly 30 years now. It's better than it used to be but there's still a long way to go.

Comment

and now for something different... but related

Wet Dream - Kip Addotta

Comment

I will wait announcing my dreams until NAMM '14 (...and possibly the Muskmesse) is over!
              Greetings from Switzerland,
              - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Since it's a wet dream, I'll say that I'd like a kickass module like the TD-30, all the bells and whistles -- but one that ALSO acts like a sampler, so I can drop my own sounds in (drum sounds and whatever other random audio samples I want to use).

Having the module able to connect directly to an SPD unit to light off the samples would be great also, avoiding all the gyrations I have to go through now...

And after I have that, I'd like a drum circle/jam session with Meytal, Lux Drummerette, and Tamara Drummer (and me).

Comment

oops!!!!!!!!!!!! wet dream Achieved td 30 with every trigger channel full and loving it
                  2x CY-15, 2 x cy-14, 2 x cy-12 vh-13hats Modded PD 128s from PD 105 the rest a td -10 kit
                  Last edited by sycle1; 01-21-14, 04:54 AM.
                  NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
                    Already playing most of it...but I guess I could GAS up a few things.... 3 x TD30 modules 3 x 2Box modules 3 full TD30 or equivalent racks Set up simliar to Michael Render's monsters (double stacked with a third circling around to the rear a la Neil Peart) Motorized drum platform that turns 180 degrees and back via foot switch Several Crown or QSC digital amps and a massive PA with subs to "monitor" said kit 3 full sets of Gen 16s and Roland cymbals 2 full time drum techs Dual axle trailer to haul it all 24 channel mixing/engineering station with full Pr Tools suite to record it all LED lighting kits for all K ;-)
                    ... And a pay-out from your employer so that you can enjoy it 24/7!!!
                    . digitalDrummer
                    Review index

Comment

A band.

Comment

My wet deam... My 1yr old to sleep throughout the night without her waking up every hour. This would let me play my kit long into the night, improve my technique and let me enjoy my hobby more often. Drums and babies dont mix well!

Comment

I always wanted to submerse a kit in a 100' tall pitcher of beer at a show. So I start the solo on the main kit, then hook onto a fly rig that sails me up over the pitcher which is revealed via pyro and I release about 50' over it doing a perfect swan dive as I put goggles and an emergency air tank in my chompers. Swim down to the kit mounted at the bottom and finish the solo underbeer! Have a quick drain installed so as I'm playing it looks like I'm drinking 1,500 gallons of beer.

End the solo as the pitcher is emptied with a giant burp sample and call it a night!
                          TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BWaj View Post
                            I always wanted to submerse a kit in a 100' tall pitcher of beer at a show.
                            Swim down to the kit mounted at the bottom and finish the solo underbeer!
                            End the solo as the pitcher is emptied with a giant burp sample and call it a night!

"...finish the solo underbeer!"

I have learned alot of things and words on vdrums over all these years ...but I think I just learned a new favorite word!

*Underbeer*!

Greetings from Switzerland,
                            - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                            X