Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got a good deal... And sorry Hairmetal, it's not Paiste!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got a good deal... And sorry Hairmetal, it's not Paiste!

The XS20 line sound good to my ears. Congrats on your purchase, but do understand that you could have had Paiste However, I am a product of the big hair 80's so all my favorite drummers played Paiste.

Comment

I would've gone for the Paiste's had this deal not come up! Some of my favourite drummers play Paiste as well, like Inferno, Hellhammer and Nicholas Barker.

Comment

one of those (very, very) occasional Cash Converters gems.
        --
        West London, UK.
        TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheddies View Post
          one of those (very, very) occasional Cash Converters gems.
          You know! Got a little laugh out of that xD

Comment

You'll have to explain that joke to me....

Congrats on that awesome deal, Seraph! You are a lucky [you-know-what]!
            I hope you don't outgrow them too fast. You've got two effect-cymbals more for 40 quid less - that's good!

Happy metal pie-whackin'!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

That is an excellent deal! Congrats! I own the Sabian XS20 Super Set. I have never actually heard how they sound though. That is the set I used for my last Stealth cymbal conversion on my kit. I know it seems sinful, but I picked up a brand new boxed set at the time for $360. I couldn't resist, they looked so pretty/shiny But I did my "No holes drilled installation" (I just couldn't stand the thought of drilling those nice cymbals) back in Sept. 2011 and have been using them ever since.
              Sabian XS5007SB XS20 Super Set Cymbal Package Brilliant | Free Shipping in Musical Instruments & Gear, Percussion, Cymbals | eBay
              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SilentSeraphTwo View Post
                  ...second hand shop chains where they often sell used stuff for the same or more than it costs new!

...I hope guys like this will go out of business someday.... if that's not ripping off customers, then what is?

Just goes to show you, that you should make sure to be well-informed, if you intend to go out shopping!

....that's cheaper than what a mexican straw-hatted co-worker earns riding his old red-muley cow down George Clooney's Swiss' aroma-flavoured, palmtree-surrounded coffee plant...

"cheap as chips"!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

And if I ever went with just acoustic drums again I could remove the conversion and have a nice sounding set of acoustic cymbals.
                    Last edited by JmanWord; 01-12-14, 11:07 AM.
                    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

They came today! In great condition, but I'm guessing they're actually ex demo as there are a lot of fingerprint marks on them and the logos are starting to fade, but they sound great to me!
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hey, that looks good!

Funny that you mention fading logos:
                        Had a few Sabians in the early to mid Nineties, pretty much all of them had their logos barely visible (maybe because of cleanings) when I finally sold them.

(Now with my Signatures, that never happened! Those Dark Crisp logos are still going strong! ...just sayin' )

Where do you intend to place the spash and the china?

Comment

Thanks! And maybe it's just the ink they use?

The china will probably be to the right of the floor tom, and the splash, if I decide to mount it (don't really have a use for it, but I'll try and find one) will probably go between the crash and hi hats.

Comment

Working...
                          X