Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

v drumming with cubase and midi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v drumming with cubase and midi

Hi

I just got my TD15kv set, love it so far. i have never had a vdrum kit before and am actually just getting back into drumming

i plan to use this set to map out the drums for my demo songs, i am mainly a guitarist and vocalist.

i would like to knwo exactly how to properly cable this kit to my Imac running cubase 7.5 and then play the drums to i guess a MIDI track? so i can quantize it to the BPM of the song and then edit it as needed

i havd BFD 3 and Superior Drummer 2.0 with a couple of libraries. i have heard you can use these sounds on the kit? i would like to know how to do that as well.

in the end i woudl like to combine the loops i like from these programs, along with the sounds of these programs mapped to the TD kit, and then be able to play parts or all of the songs when a loop wont work and i can play what i need. so i also need to know how to loop a small part of a song and fill in those measures with what i am playing around stock loops?

i have searched the manual, youtube, and Gearslutz so far to see if there are any step by step or lessons i can learn

I am going to load the latest drivers from roland on the Imac tonight and USB cable the module to the Imac as well.

thats as far as i can figure out so far

if anyoneuses cubase and a kit i would love to talk with you to learn how to do this properly

thanks so much

Trock, please allow me to make this short ahd sweet;

Regarding cabling:
    What kind of MIDI-interface are you using?
    Have you read through our 'Once and for all: VST" - sticky?

Regarding VST-sounds in the kit:
    Good news, Bad news...
    Good news is "Yes!", it is possible to load VST sounds onto the module;
    Bad news is, not with the TD-15 module (...or any other Roland-module, for that matter...)

To the poster right below you:
    * reported as SPAM*

HTH
    Last edited by hairmetal-81; 12-19-13, 04:37 PM.
    Greetings from Switzerland,
    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Hi

thanks for getting back to me

I am running a USB cable out from the TD module to the Imac. i was told this transmits midi and audio data from the kit. i loaded the latest roland driver on the imac so i am assuming the TD kit will show up in cubase now? i have not read that, i will check it out now, thanks for that.

thats a bummer, can i play the part and then change the sounds on the midi or instrument track in cubase with BFD or Superior? not a huge deal i guess, i like some of the kits pretty well in the roland

thanks much!

Comment

I'm in a hurry so can't go thru this step by step but I'd swear I've posted some kind of Cubase step-by-step for this. Search in here under my handle and "cubase" and see what, if anything, you come up with.

And, as suggested, read the Once and For All sticky on VST.

www.dauphinehotel.com

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse

www.digitaldrummermag.com
        TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

great!

will check them out

thanks

Comment

Here's the link:
            http://www.vdrums.com/forum/forum/ge...nner-with-midi

That'll get you real close.

www.dauphinehotel.com
            www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
            www.digitaldrummermag.com
            TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

great!

thanks!

gonna get started on all this tomorrow

Comment

Hey

sorry its been so long. i just FINALLY got a chance to record today! i had the Roland MODULE USB connected to my IMAC and Cubase 7.5

i put Superior Drummer 2 on the OUTPUT of an instrument track and had ALL MIDI inputs selected for the kit

the kit mapped perfectly to SD2. and i recorded just fine at a 64 buffer.

now in my headphones i had a little lag, would 32 buffer work better? but mroe than that it was hard to hear the kit all that well with the other tracks. it had a little lag and it was buried quite a bit so it made it hard to drum?

so am i doing anything wrong here? should i do this differently? i would really like to ehar the kit nice an clear with the other tracks and without any lag , if possible?

it was great fun though, and with a little quantize help it came out very well! so i could do it this way and make it work but its def a fight

thanks for any tips!

Comment

You could try to decrease the buffer to 32 instead. Lower buffer = lower latency. If you look in the sound card setup for cubase....it will probably show the actual latency in ms. If it is over 10 ms...the problems start. I don't know how much latency the sound card in TD15 will have...and I am guessing that your head phones are connected to the TD15. One trick I have been using is to set the same latency as the sound card shows on each playback track...a cubase function...to set the same value for the track to be played in advance....what will happen the is that you will hear the play sound in sync with the recording sound. Angr77
                  Last edited by angr77; 01-12-14, 05:51 PM.
                  Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

hi

thanks

i am using an apogee symphony sound card. i will check and see what the ms is, i know where that read out is

the larger issue was how muddy and low and lost the drums sounded in the headphone mix? i am not sure what to do about that though.

thanks!

Comment

• angr77
                      angr77 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      aha…I thought you used the TD15 as sound card.

Apogee should be quite fast…and should not hear any latency.

angr77
                  Working...
                  X