Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

td12 module set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td12 module set up

Hi. I have the td12 module. I managed to update the firmware to V1.11 today. My question is that I seem to recall that it is possible to load td20 kits onto the td 12 module. Or did I dream that? I thought that I read something about how to do that about a year ago. Its about a year ago since I last tinkered with my set up. Hence I have forgotten the little knowledge that I have

Don't know 'bout loading in TD-20 kits, but you can certainly load some VEX-packs into your TD-12!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
      Don't know 'bout loading in TD-20 kits, but you can certainly load some VEX-packs into your TD-12!
      hi and thanks for that. Actually on looking back through the thread posts i can see that the td20 factory kits can be transferred onto the td12 module so if anone wishes to do that and needs help locating the file let me know

Comment

Hello

my name is MUNOZ Joe. I wanted updating my TD 12 to the latest Version 1.11. I bought a USB to Midi cable. I followed the steps that were given in the update guide. I stuck at "please send SMF data files". I pulled and plugged the USB-MIDI cable in every possible position but the module doesn't receive the SMF data files. Please I need some help because I erased all the kits on the module for getting the new version. What can I do now? I ordered the USB to MIDI cable from ROLAND an also a Midi Interface with MIDI cable (brand EMU 1x1).

I'll be thankfull for any response

With best regards

Comment

Sinbad...If you have not yet tried it, I recommend you check out VDrumLib.

I learned that the TD-12 and TD-20 share the same capabilities but that Roland limited the in-module editing on the TD-12. Using VDrumLib you can access things like snare buzz, mic position and beater types that you normally cannot change from the TD-12 front panel.

I used VDrumLib to copy my favorite kits from my TD-20 backups to my TD-12 module.

...but what I use VDrumLib for the most is to quickly copy kits around the module to re-order them to my fickle preference. It's far easier to change the names of kits from VDrumLib than it is to use the jog-shuttle on the module.
          My wife has no idea how much I really spend on my toys.

Comment

Working...
          X