Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CY5 spinning syndrome. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY5 spinning syndrome. HELP!

Hi gang.
    I have a CY5 and a one of these...

http://drumcymbals.co.uk/roland-elec...lamp-used.html

They were bought seperatley and I wonder if I am missing a 'stopper' to stop the blasted thing spinning,
    It's driving me nuts.
    The stopper from my cymbal stands doesn't fit. The hole is not wide enough.
    Does anyone know what part I am missing?

HELP!!!!!

thanks
    2nd hand TD12 kit (with faulty vh11). Amazing Triggera Krigg kick pad. Laney AH40.
    that's it...for now!

Hi tom. My cy5 has a little 'tang' on the underside which fits into the slot on the bottom part of the mount which means it cant spin. Will try and get a pic for you asap.
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Tang image attached
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      --
      West London, UK.
      TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Yeah, that's it - the silver aluminium platform the CY-5 is suppose to sit on in hi-hat form.
        It's for an L-Rod setup, so you're probably missing the whole 'clutch' assembly. Stops rotation and provides a platform to emulate a closed hi-hat feel.
        Check out the schematic in the CY-5 manual (downloadable from Roland) and you'll see what's involved.

Comment

@tazed - The link he sent shows the arm with the clutch on it - so it looks like it should work. - @happy_tom - do you have the clutch bit (see attached pic).

You can put it on without the tang locating in the slot though, its only rubber so it bends out of the way - but its quite difficult to do it wrong.

Oweners manual can be found here: http://www.roland.co.uk/products/pro...ils.aspx?p=805
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          --
          West London, UK.

Comment

OMG/ really? How embarrassing.
            I will try that tonight.
            I think I have all the things in Cheddies Pic.
            I learnt a new word today.
            TANG!
            Thanks folks.
            2nd hand TD12 kit (with faulty vh11). Amazing Triggera Krigg kick pad. Laney AH40.
            that's it...for now!

Comment

TANG-X alot.

Comment

ha! Tangfastic.
                --
                West London, UK.

Comment

well what do you know
                  I removed 2 of the 4 felts and turned the thing 90 degress and it is now tanged to the max. Thanks everyone.
                  remember there are no stupid questions...only stupid people.
                  that's it...for now!

Comment

Woot! Glad you got it sorted, its great when stuff like that can be resolved simply!
                    --
                    West London, UK.

Comment

Working...
                    X