Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

e-drummers that don't try to emulate the acoustic sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-drummers that don't try to emulate the acoustic sound

Any bands/drummers specifically try to emulate more of an electronic sound? I've seen lots of videos on youtube, but seems like most videos focus specifically on acoustic drum samples via Roland's module or some VST like BFD and all that stuff. Anyone hear bands or see videos of e drummers who tend to use more "electronic" sounding drums?

For instance bands that play dnb, industrial...music that doesn't commonly have acoustic drums.

Bill Bruford though the 1980s and 1990s with King Crimson and Earthworks (version 1).

Comment

Ginger Fish - Marylin Manson (Industrial)

Christian Eigner - Depeche Mode (Synth Pop / Electronica)

Bill Bruford - KC, YES (Progressive Rock / Jazz)

Jojo Mayer - Nerve (Drum n' Bass)

Oli Rubow - De Phazz (Dub / Ambient) & Fanta-4 (Hiphop)

Christoph Schneider - Rammstein (Rock)

....Interesting topic, though!

Greetings from Switzerland,
      - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I play mostly dnb and triphop. I'm not a famous band or anything but i'd be glad to answer any techy questions on such a setup

Comment

Originally posted by Innovine View Post
          I play mostly dnb and triphop. I'm not a famous band or anything but i'd be glad to answer any techy questions on such a setup
          No techy questions just yet.. Though, do you have videos or audio if your band? Would love to hear it!

I actually studied percussion and played drums years back, however stopped because I had lost interest (and place to practice!). That being said, I'm looking to get back into it and have been just looking for videos as a source of inspiration to go out and buy drums again

My musical taste has changed. I'm much more into electronic music and not so much into drums and showcasing of chops (though, there's nothing wrong with that at all, just not into it anymore).

Oli Rubow playing is def something I'm leaning more towards. Any more drummers like him?

Comment

No recordings, I'm mostly just playing for my own enjoyment. I once saw an awesome youtube vid of a guy playing totally spastic hardcore break stuff on an ekit. Unfortunately I can't find it again though

Comment

Originally posted by Innovine View Post
              No recordings, I'm mostly just playing for my own enjoyment. I once saw an awesome youtube vid of a guy playing totally spastic hardcore break stuff on an ekit. Unfortunately I can't find it again though
              Sounds intriguing! I hope you can search a little more.... - would love to see it!
              Greetings from Switzerland,
              - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
              X