Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter is coming.... Time for a freakin' NAMM Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter is coming.... Time for a freakin' NAMM Thread!

Is it too early for a Winter-NAMM thread?

If I'm not to far off, it's about two months from now, when Annaheim will be the place for the lucky ones. Never been there, but that doesn't stop me from getting a big pile of snacks, scour videos at Harmony Central and press-releases on Musicradar - and put on my huge, flashy, comfortable 'speculation-Hat'!

Gentlemen,
    what are you hoping to see, what would you design if you could, what have you heard, what is confirmed already?
    Last edited by hairmetal-81; 11-22-13, 04:45 PM.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Never too early for NAMM!!!!! And yes, I'm one of the lucky ones. Already have my hotel room booked. Plan on meeting up with AllanJohn again this year, and any other Forum members that might be there. I keep missing JMan and he keeps missing out on my free schwag giveaways!

I'll actually be looking at mic kits for my A kit this time around, as well as USB sound interfaces for PCs (have not seen a lot of that). I have no idea what Roland will be doing in the land of edrums (huge price drops right? LOL! I can dream can't I?) Of course I'll be looking to see Drew and da boys in da booth, and hopefully have some more schwag for them as well.

K ;-)
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

I hope to read that Yamaha expands their 502 upwards!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
        Never too early for NAMM!!!!! And yes, I'm one of the lucky ones. Already have my hotel room booked. Plan on meeting up with AllanJohn again this year, and any other Forum members that might be there. I keep missing JMan and he keeps missing out on my free schwag giveaways!

I'll actually be looking at mic kits for my A kit this time around, as well as USB sound interfaces for PCs (have not seen a lot of that). I have no idea what Roland will be doing in the land of edrums (huge price drops right? LOL! I can dream can't I?) Of course I'll be looking to see Drew and da boys in da booth, and hopefully have some more schwag for them as well.

K ;-)
        Yup, I plan to be there too. And this time Allan and I will both be hooking up with you. I'm interested in all things edrum .... love checking out the beautiful A kits though ... and the drum software offerings.... I am wondering what Yamaha might have up their sleeves this year..... it will be strange to see Steve Fisher at the Yammy hall.

I always enjoy the visit to the Roland room seeing Drew and Johnny and the other Roland boys (how many are left?), discussing samples and edrums with John Emrich, talking to Mario and the InHead guys and shooting the BS with Bengt (2Box)..... and especially enjoyed meeting up with Ben Kraft last year...
        Last edited by JmanWord; 11-22-13, 05:37 PM.
        I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

You know who else is a hoot to hang out with? The man that is still making quality rubber triggers, Dan Dauz! he is a riot. Definitely gonna look him up again. Maybe his DITI module will be in mass production by then.

K ;-)

Comment

I thought the DITI was a KAT/Alternate Mode product, Ken? But yeah, when is this fine piece of gear ready to be let loose to the public? I'd sure had use for one!

BTW: Dan Dauz, isn't/wasn't he a member here?
            Last edited by hairmetal-81; 01-06-14, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Dauz is distributing the DITI, designed and produced by Alternate Mode.
              . digitalDrummer
              Review index

Comment

That makes it clear! Thanks, Allan!

Comment

Yes, I'll definitely be there on Saturday. My girlfriend is going to be on one of the panels.
                  Roland TD-30, VH-13, 2 pcs CY-12c, Alesis DM Pro 14" three zone ride, Pintech Concertcast dual zone: 12" snare, 2 pcs 10" toms, 12" tom, 12" kick, Gibraltar rack, DW 9000 or Axis A pedal, Gibraltar HH stand, DW snare stand, DIY "Butkicker" style tactile transducer system using Aura shakers.

Comment

I'll definitely be there on Saturday. My girlfriend is on one of the panels.
                    Roland TD-30, VH-13, 2 pcs CY-12c, Alesis DM Pro 14" three zone ride, Pintech Concertcast dual zone: 12" snare, 2 pcs 10" toms, 12" tom, 12" kick, Gibraltar rack, DW 9000 or Axis A pedal, Gibraltar HH stand, DW snare stand, DIY "Butkicker" style tactile transducer system using Aura shakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
                      You know who else is a hoot to hang out with? The man that is still making quality rubber triggers, Dan Dauz! he is a riot. Definitely gonna look him up again. Maybe his DITI module will be in mass production by then.

K ;-)
                      Yeah, he's a funny guy......

Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Speaking of NAMM swag .... how about a DigitalDrummer stick holder from a couple years back ......

Comment

• fulrmr(Daniel)
                          fulrmr(Daniel) commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I have one of those! thanks Allan. I have a couple of those orange thingamagingys too...although mine are covered in chrome now.

• hairmetal-81
                          hairmetal-81 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If somebody else dislikes the orange color - I've just had an idea:
                          Cover the module with blue 'Digital Drummer' logos!

;-)

Inner-organ communication
                        Last edited by hairmetal-81; 11-23-13, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Something new that SPL will have: a combined USB Interface / Monitor Controller called 'Crimson'.

Last edited by hairmetal-81; 01-06-14, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Wow..spendy little item..although as an all in one box solution, we'll have to wait for the reviews.

K ;-)

Comment

Working...
                            X