Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please . .Can Anyone Identify This Hardware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hairmetal-81
    replied
    Originally posted by campster View Post
    I have a 4 piece setup for my TD30, i use two DW tom stands with the single cymbal attachment.

Campster, your kit is absolutely eye-candy!

Classy setup

Leave a comment:

• campster
    replied
    I have a 4 piece setup for my TD30, i use two DW tom stands with the single cymbal attachment. I went with DW because of availability but Gibraltar also make some handy stands including a quad head (2 toms and 2 cymbals). I have used my two stands to hold the full 6 piece plus 2 cymbals and i find i can get the 4 toms where i want them without too much hassle.

One catch when you get a tom stand is the diameter of the tom holders, make sure the specs are right. The Roland specs say the drums can take 1/2" ball and socket L-arms but that's wrong, you have to get the 10.5mm ball and sockets arms!! I'm sure yamaha will be better. Most manufacturers make various sizes. I've actually got gibraltar L-arms in my DW stands.

Attached is a mobile phone pic of my little setup

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Velocette
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Daniel!. . . .Gibraltar certainly have a dizzying array of hardware, but I was fooked if I could see a boom that had quite the length of the one in the pic, and there in lies my dilemma.

However your advice to get creative is welcomed, unless your hinting that I should learn how to weld! lol.

• hairmetal-81
    replied
    I think I know what it is:
    It looks like a regular ....ahem... "Yamaha 800 series Medium Weight Double Tom Stand with 2 CL940 Tom Arms"

It looks like the tom-arms have been removed from the stand. Instead, two cymbal-booms were inserted into the stands' mounting holes. Then, the tom-arms were reattached (with a multi clamp) directly to the end of the cymbal booms.
    My theory, so far.....

I agree with you, that a full-size rack is overkill IMO for a four-piece setup, but for something 'somewhere in-between stands and a rack', have you considered a Gibraltar Stealth?

Hope this helps.
    Happy Drumming!

Leave a comment:

• fulrmr(Daniel)
    replied
    I can't really see it well enough to tell you exactly what it is....however...Gibraltar will have just about anything you'll ever need to customize any configuration that suits your purposes. Sometime you just have to get what's close...and be creative.

Leave a comment:

• Velocette
    started a topic Please . .Can Anyone Identify This Hardware?

Please . .Can Anyone Identify This Hardware?

I'm going to buy 3 XP 120 pads, and 2 PCY cymbals 1 crash and 1 ride, along with the RHH hi hat and the KP bass drum, so it will be a 4 piece kit.

I feel that a rack will look like overkill, so I figure that stands would look more minimal. I would like to be able to accommodate both the toms and cymbals with 2 stands. But I'm aware that only 2 stands can be very restricting regarding positioning, using regular multi clamps, tom holders and booms. I know that four stands would be ideal, for complete flexibility, but I'm trying to avoid having so much hardware if I can.

I can't find any Yamaha hardware that might provide an elegant solution to my dilemma, but while on the Yamaha Facebook site I saw a pic of Praire Prince on tour with Todd Rundgen, and playing the DTX 950. He has a very interesting array of hardware, particularly the enormously long ratchet adjustable booms on his stands.

So I'm hoping that someone can identify these booms, and tell me what they're called, and where I might be able to get them, as they would allow me to use just 2 stands and get the flexibility that I need.

I'm quietly dreading the fact that everyone and his monkey knows what they are, and can't believe that someone has the cheek to post on this forum asking such an obvious question, but in my search for the Holy Grail of hardware, I must be humble.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
Working...
X