Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tablet

I need a decent tablet for my 2 box drums that are across the room from desktop. I want to keep everything drums between the 2 computers and just need advice to get something in my price range of 200 to like 450.My desktop is windows 8 if it matters as far as compatibility Putters
    Last edited by hemiboy; 11-09-13, 12:39 AM.

You could use something like VNC or other PC / Android software to "mirror" your PC screen. just needs a network that both need to connect to.

I know how to do on Mac, maybe someone will chime in for PC.

Other option: long video cable (brings you screen close) along with long USB extension to connect your mouse near your drums.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

With something like 'Teamviewer' on PC, this ought to be feasible.

Or, you get yourself a Surface Pro tablet running Win-8 straight away -
      ...just ask Angr77, he knows! :-)

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I agree with Perceval. Get a second monitor for the kit and use a wireless mouse. DONE! That's what my new practice kit that belongs to my new guitar player has set up at his place for me..a monitor mounted on the rack near the HH/Snare and a wireless mouse that works well on a rubber pad!
        My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
        E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
        A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
        A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
          I agree with Perceval. Get a second monitor for the kit and use a wireless mouse. DONE! That's what my new practice kit that belongs to my new guitar player has set up at his place for me..a monitor mounted on the rack near the HH/Snare and a wireless mouse that works well on a rubber pad!
          This is what I do...except my second monitor is a projector now. However I am considering the Surface Pro route.
          8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
          http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Working...
          X