Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Freakin Won AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Freakin Won AGAIN!

Well, I seem be on a roll. I won a brand spanking new drum kit two months ago, after never really winning anything even close to that in my lifetime. I went to a local music store on Saturday to a Warwick Bass Clinic with my bass player Jeff after he suggested we go hang out. Of course, there was a cardboard box where you were allowed to write your name on a slip of paper and enter a giveaway contest. Very strictly enforced one entry, must be present.

After an hour of demos and the obligatory Q&A, they started drawing names out of the box. The small crowd seemed a little different to me, a very eclectic and ethnic looking group. No one really under 25 except one chubby blonde girl, a lot of Duck Dynasty looking dudes and an older gal with long gray hair. Not your usual group of players and performers. The questions they asked led me to believe they were home players most of them. The guy had difficulty with every name he drew out of the box. One by one, the winners would come up, look grumpy, and collect their prizes. They were mostly giving away dual packs of strings, or strings and strap locks. The grumpy faces were because after he pulled out the slip of paper with your name, he crumpled it up and threw it on the floor, meaning, you were no longer eligible for the grand prize.

Well, as you can guess, he pulled a slip out, and finally was able to pronounce the name. Mine. My bass player and I looked at each other in shock and horror, and I just kept exclaiming "no way!! This does not happen! No way this just happened!" While Jeff immediately grabbed the bass and even held it in the group photos with the rep like he'd won it, we both noticed the crowd did not seem very happy that I'd won. It just felt weird and not only did Jeff and I feel it, our salesman buddy working there also felt it.

I won a low end Warwick Streamer bass, which even on their low end line is around $400. All I got was the bass so I made two purchases at the store, a hard case and a Levy black suede strap. Got a bro deal on those so for about $115 I got a brand new bass, case, and strap. If I can't share this here with you folks no one would even believe me. And yes, I bought a lotto ticket right away...still waiting on that one lol.

All I need to win now is a guitar and I'll have a whole band! Speaking of bands...I'm in the formation of a brand new cover band I auditioned for last week. If all goes well, I'll be rocking and rolling soon! I'll post the set list later.

Do I look overly excited?

K ;-)

Last edited by Kenster; 11-10-13, 11:55 AM.
    My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
    E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
    A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
    A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

You are one lucky SOB! When do you wanna hang out? LOL
    - EKIT: Jobeky Drums: Custom 5 piece "Lacewood fade" & Hart 13" Pro Chrome snare. ROLAND MG V-CYMBALS
    - AKIT: PDP Concept Maple by DW. Zildjian K & A Custom cymbals. Hybrid acoustic mic'd / 2Box triggered kit

MY YOU TUBE DRUM COVER CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/gregthegroove

Comment

Dang Ken....CONGRATS!.......AGAIN!
      8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Kenster, the bass-man!

Congratulations!
        You owe the forum.... I'm awaiting an in-depth, personal, thorough video-review on your part!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Ugghh!!! Damed new forums, crashed while typing this 4 times.

Thanks for the support guys, and as always, any Forum member is welcome to my home and drink tab. I have a full on guest room with a high end bed and it's own bathroom, so anyone that comes to town (Insane Diego) and wants to play tourist has a free place to stay! I can't promise breakfast in bed or long showers and massges till the wee hours of the morning, but I can promise some good food and good times.

I'm thinking of having another band bash in May...book your flights now! Ask TNT here on the forums about my hosting facilities and abilities, at least he's a credible witness! You can play my new A kit, new bass and monster E kit.

K ;-)

Comment

You bastige

Comment

That would be "fargin Icehole and fargin bastage"!

K ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
                No one really under 25 except on chubby blonde girl, a lot of Duck Dynasty looking dudes and older gal with long gray hair.

Well, she must have been very chubby if that many people were on her.

Comment

You guys are killing me!

|
                  |
                  v
                  v

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
                  No one really under 25 except on chubby blonde girl, a lot of Duck Dynasty looking dudes and older gal with long gray hair.
                  Originally posted by JimFiore View Post
                  Well, she must have been very chubby if that many people were on her.
                  Last edited by hairmetal-81; 11-07-13, 04:40 PM.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

Comment

Well, congratulations again!! I guess your t-shirt says it all!
                    (Just so ya know, twenty years ago I won a small fire extinguisher through a drawing at my local hardware store - so, you're not the only one! )
                    Hart Dynamics Studio AX; Alesis DMPro modules; Hart Hammer pads; Crappy Trigger; Pearl Powershifter double bass pedal; Roc-N-Soc throne; dB Technologies S-400 for amplification; headphones (audio-technica ATH-M50, Sony MDR-CD380).

Comment

Well done - as I said last time, it couldn't happen to a nicer person!
                      . digitalDrummer
                      Review index

Comment

Originally posted by Hartbeat View Post
                        Well, congratulations again!! I guess your t-shirt says it all!
                        (Just so ya know, twenty years ago I won a small fire extinguisher through a drawing at my local hardware store - so, you're not the only one! )

You gotta tell the guys that you managed to install a piezo inside it! And that you ended up with a bigger version of this...

...your fire-extinguisher is now one big, bad piece of cowbell-trigger!

Talk about ringing a bell....
                        Last edited by hairmetal-81; 11-08-13, 06:47 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

So what we've learned today is:

Chubby girls can be useful at clinics to accomodate more players

We should put peizos on things to make them larger versions.

What if we stuck a piezo on a chubby girl? Does she become larger and more useful?

K ;-)

Comment

You jammy fit kenster! :-) Well done bud!

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post

You gotta tell the guys that you managed to install a piezo inside it! And that you ended up with a bigger version of this...

...your fire-extinguisher is now one big, bad piece of cowbell-trigger!
                              Nice thought, but I need to leave it as a fire extinguisher and keep it close to my drum kit just in case my playing gets too "hot" - ya know, to the point where others listening would say "he's on fire!"
                              (Not that that's even remotely close to happening, but I like to be prepared.)

Hart Dynamics Studio AX; Alesis DMPro modules; Hart Hammer pads; Crappy Trigger; Pearl Powershifter double bass pedal; Roc-N-Soc throne; dB Technologies S-400 for amplification; headphones (audio-technica ATH-M50, Sony MDR-CD380).

Comment

Working...
                              X