Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!
See more
See less

I need empowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need empowering

I noticed two days ago that the DC leads from my power supply (near the adapter) have become exposed and are very likely to come into contact with each other soon. The power supply (PSB -1U) is for a TD9. On noticing the problem, I ordered a replacement, but Roland tells me it could take 5-8 weeks to fulfil this order . Can anyone offer advice on a suitable (and, ideally, inexpensive) alternative?

YOu should be able to find a generic like this on ebay and elsewhere.
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

Originally posted by PhillipEscott View Post
      I noticed two days ago that the DC leads from my power supply (near the adapter) have become exposed and are very likely to come into contact with each other soon. The power supply (PSB -1U) is for a TD9. On noticing the problem, I ordered a replacement, but Roland tells me it could take 5-8 weeks to fulfil this order . Can anyone offer advice on a suitable (and, ideally, inexpensive) alternative?
      PSB-1U is easy to find on eBay. I bought one once.
      The generic one Allan listed would also be fine, but I preferred to get the original...
      I'd bought a TMC-6 from the States (I live in Aus) and rather than stuff around, just got the original brick and changed out the cord to an Australian one.

Comment

Sweetwater has them but out of stock at moment psb1 has been replaced by psb120.
        You might call them and see when they are expected.
        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Thanks, I should have thought of eBay. I initially wanted original kit, but a supplier (local, as it happens) is offering a unit specifically for the TD9 at half the Roland price (and he has them in stock), so that's the obvious route to go.

Comment

This seems more suited to the suggestions or technical thread methinks.

K ;-)
            My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
            E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
            A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
            A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

There are a few things you could do, depending on how close to the adapter the damage is(pic?)e what about one of the following:
              Paint the whole area with a few layers of nail varnish.
              Stick a blob of blu-tack betweeo the wires to hold them apart
              separate the wires for se_eral inches, bend each wire to opposite sides of the adapter and tape them there (pulling the worn base area apart)
              a sliver of electrical tape between them, then tape/glue everything so it doesn't move
              cut the contact off the end of the cable, and put it on a similar adapter. Or just use a diFferent adapter if you can find one, doesn't need to be roland, just the same voltage, at least the same amperage, and dc . just make sure the polarity is correct. If you find a suitable non roland adapter but the polarity is wrong, chop the wires in the middle and swop them.

Comment

IF the leads are peeling away on the wire exposing copper, then what I'd do is separate the two wire leads just enough to slide some E-tape in between them and tape it off. That will hold you over.
                Roland TD-50, DW Collector's A2E kit, PD-140DS, CY-18DR, 2xCY-14C, 2x CY-8, 2x CY-5, VH-10, Modified MDS-12v

TD-3 > TD-10E > TD-20 > TD/W-20 > TD-15 > TD-50

Comment

Working...
                X