Announcement

Collapse

Lounge Posting Guidelines

E-DRUMMING DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST PRODUCT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

STOKED! - Just Ordered A NEW TD20SX Kit! =D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOKED! - Just Ordered A NEW TD20SX Kit! =D

Yeah you heard right, Mr. Buy & Sell acutally bought something to keep for once, haha. Like I need more gear. But it's acutally a good investment. I scored a brand new TD20SX kit for under $5,000 SHIPPED. In boxes, never opened or played. Well, it was $5,100, but after eBay bucks ($100 free money), and 1% cash back w/ my credit card, I'm at $4,950.

So here's what I'm doing.

I currently have a "custom" TD20 kit with:

- TD20X Module
    - (2) CY14 Crash Cymbals
    - (2) CY5 Splash Cymbals
    - CY14 China
    - CY15 Ride
    - VH12 Hi-Hats
    - PD85 Rack Tom
    - PD105 Rack Tom
    - PD125 Floor Tom
    - PD125 Snare
    - KD120 Bass Drum
    - "Hybrid" MDS12 Rack in which I used my tubing cutter to form fit it nice and tight for that setup and running all DW boom arms with DW tube top cymbal adapters.

I've been itching for a better rack setup and the KD140, but didn't wanna dish out $1,600 on those alone. So here's what I'm doing...

Selling my:

PD85, PD105, PD125, PD125, KD120, & MDS12 rack.

From the new kit I'm selling brand new in the boxes:

TD20X Module, VH12 Hi-Hats, Both CY14 Cymbals, CY15 Ride, and 1 PD125X tom.

I'm going to run the same setup (just with 2 PD105x rack toms instead of the 85 & 105 so they match, and they don't make silver 85s) but with all the new pads but with the BLACK cymbals, because they don't make any smaller cymbals in silver (shame on you Roland for not doing the new CY12C in silver, ugh), and because the black cymbals are way cheaper too.

After I sell all that and my stuff, I'm only really spending $700-1000 on ALL new pads, as well as the new KD140 and MDS25 rack.

I'm extremely excited as it seems we may finally have a bassist & vocalist soon for the cover band so I can FINALLY get to gig out again, and first ever with this beast so it'll look nicer as a whole.

I plan on running all DW hardware like the boom arms, brackets, and tom mounts with this rack so it matches my pedals, snare stand, and hi-hat stand. I'm also not going to put the rack toms in the spots where they are from the factory. I'm putting my DW tube top cymbal adapters there instead, and on the right rack tube as well for my china and regular cymbals then moving the bar setup to run the DW L-Rod and brackets for my rack toms and floor tom. I'll probably cut the length of the tubing down width wise as well as height wise I'm sure depending on how big it is compared to my MDS12 currently.

It'll be sick though when it's all complete. The kit is shipping today from California so I'll have it in by Friday. I know I keep saying I'll get pictures, but I've just been so damn busy with getting a real job that's now full time, girlfriend, my sugar glider, buying/selling a ton of gear, etc. But I'll finally have some time in the next couple weeks to set this up, clean up the DW kit and cymbals real nice, and get some pics and maybe even video of everything!

Not to make this a "For Sale" thread, but if anyone is interested in the silver cymbals, ride, hi hat, pd125x, or td20x module, I'm selling all those for cheaper then you will find them new, ANYWHERE. Call me up. 518-378-3377. All brand new too in boxes.
    Check out my NEW eBay Store: V-Drum Emporium!

CONGRATS Adam! Are you going to post this in the classifides with prices like usual?

Awesome news about the band. Remember.....we need vids and updates on the progress!

Oh, I picked up a few DW tube clamps for my kit and they are almost identical to the new roland ones......wonder why?
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Thanks bud. Yeah I updated my thread with this stuff for sale. Lots cheaper then new, and cheaper then you even find them for used too so they should sell quick on here or eBay.

Yeah I'm such a DW nerd, haha.

Comment

congrats! can't wait to see pics of the new set-up once it's ready
        Yamaha DTX502 module, 3 Pintech 10 inch Concertcast Dual Zone pads, Pintech PC10, PCY100 and PCY135.on a Roland MDS-7 rack.

Comment

Thanks. =) Yeah I'm LONG overdue on pics. I've got my DW Exotic Custom Acoustic kit I need pics of with the rack setup and now 8" tom, my Dunnett snares, my girlfriends Gretsch Club Jazz 4 piece walnut glaze setup, and now the TD20SX setup, haha.

Comment

Damn interwebs, double post sorry.

Comment

OK, so now I hate you just a leeeetle bit more!!
              Dude, you'll be in very, very serious trunks if we don't get pics of the lot ASAP!

Comment

Hahahaha! Thanks Jeremy. =P

I calculated wrong too, I'll actually only be spending $600 or so to upgrade everything.

Yeah I'll get pics soon. I'm hanging up new pictures in the room now too that I got for Christmas.

Comment

Congrats Adam, damn did not think gear would still get "The Gear Man" excited I've been drooling over the MDS-25 since I got my TD-20 module from you. Enjoy your new gear, you deserve it ! Another testament to my new mantra "GAS never sleeps|

Comment

I like your math. I often come up with all the justifications, spreadsheets, pie charts, whatever it takes to get what I want!

Too bad your new TD-20SX won't stay stock for long....

Derek
                    Yamaha DTX-502 / (3) PCY155 Cymbals / HH65 HH Pedal
                    Roland KD-9 Kick / DIY Snare (1 zone with DTX...)

Comment

I just gotta add that I admire your plan.
                      Me? I'd be keeping all the new stuff, and just adding new CY-14Cs in silver as splashes... In this case, size doesn't matter and I'd have to have matching silver!!
                      Anyway, PICS when ya get it!!

Comment

Haha, it already isn't stock. When I get it in I'm swapping out all the cymbals for my 2 CY14 Crashes, 1 CY14 China, 2 CY5 Splashes, VH12 Hi-Hats, and CY15 Ride with all DW boom arms and customizing the rack to fit it how I like - everything literally measured within arms reach without stretching to get to anything.

I'd keep the silver but I mean I sell the CY14 Silvers for $275 vs. a CY14 Black for $175, they're the EXACT same thing but different color on top and bottom. I acutally prefer the black, and couldn't have 14s as splashes too, it would freak me out, have to have smaller sized like my CY5s.

Plus I already sold both CY14s and the VH12s already, now just to sell the CY15, PD125X, and TD20X! =P

Comment

Originally posted by Tazed View Post
                          I just gotta add that I admire your plan.
                          Me? I'd be keeping all the new stuff, and just adding new CY-14Cs in silver as splashes... In this case, size doesn't matter and I'd have to have matching silver!!
                          Anyway, PICS when ya get it!!

Are we going to see two silver CY-14's on your creation ??

Comment

Originally posted by ToDaMax View Post
                            Are we going to see two silver CY-14's on your creation ??
                            No, not at all!
                            Unless I win lotto, then it's a TD-20KSX with 3 extra silver CY-14s!
                            Otherwise, the kit is complete.
                            No, seriously, it is.
                            Shuddup, Ross!

Comment

Well...

That's pretty awesome, dude...

Anytime you can swing near gear, for pennies on the dollar...that's way cool.

Congratz, and post them pics!
                              DTXtreme, DTXtreme IIs, DTX M12, Yamaha SY-77, Moog Opus, Roland XP-30 Roland SPD-8, SPD-11, SPD-30 / ACID Pro 7 / Sound Forge / Cubase S5 / Cakewalk LT / Fender Squier w F/X Pedal

Comment

Working...
                              X