Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bruford v. Peart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruford v. Peart

I know I know..you shouldn't compare drummers, yada yada yada, insert Zen talk here, blah blah blah..

Give me a one word answer..

BRUFORD

P.S. This is for fun people..lighten up

I'll never be as good as Brupeart ... so it is a moot point for me.
    My website...
    VCustom kit,
    TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
    HDI Cymbals.
    A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

Who's Bruford

Sounds like someone who mass produces black home made beer !!!!

Bruford refresh's the parts other beer cannot reach

No contest

bur who cares
      -------------

Jackeen

Roland TD12 V- kit,VH12 hi hat, Hart Prosnare, Hart Ecymbals II 14' Crash & China, 9' splash, DB Tech' S400, Axis double pedals, sonor twin effect and no feckin talent

Comment

BEUFORD. he he
        V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

Bruford vs. Peart

Well, I'm guessing that they're fairly close in age, but Neil's always in such damned good physical shape, what with all the cycling, etc.

I'm taking Peart by KO in the 7th...

-Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

You guys are too funny!

I love the whole, "let's make my answer comical so I don't stick my neck out on the line so people won't criticize me and dislike me and maybe even take parts of my quote and use it against me later, so I can be the 'nice guy' here, so people won't criticize me and dislike me and maybe even take parts of my quote and use it against me later, so I can be the 'nice guy' here " type of answer. (In the style of Zoolander)

Umm earth to people..we're not talkin street fight here. And don't tell me you knew that because you were like all, "Oh we're talking street fight here, sure Peart could take Bruford". AHA!

Drum off!!

Bruford or Peart?

My moolah is on Bruford.

Comment

What the [email protected]#k?

They're not even close in styles, how can you compare them? Rock and prog then or now rock and jazz. But I prefer Bruford's style. He has a better accent too.

Comment

Try Try and Try again.

If your trying to provoke you'll need to do alot better than that.

Try to stir with a much bigger whisk

After all a car with no wheels goes no where

My Money would be on the one I prefer which, depends on the time of the month and the angle of dangle

Later
                -------------

Jackeen

Roland TD12 V- kit,VH12 hi hat, Hart Prosnare, Hart Ecymbals II 14' Crash & China, 9' splash, DB Tech' S400, Axis double pedals, sonor twin effect and no feckin talent

Comment

c. jude...go out tonight and rent Zoolander. (It's hysterical)

Ok then, you're not into comparing drummers..how about Meet the Parents v. Zoolander?

Comment

How about Ranman -vs- Peart? I could kick his butt with one arm in the other room!
                    My website...
                    VCustom kit,
                    TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
                    HDI Cymbals.

Comment

I could kick his butt with one arm in the other room!
                      Have you wrote a book on one arm one liners and if so is there a gadget for turning pages
                      -------------

Jackeen

Comment

Turn the pages!? That's what I have kids for!!
                        My website...
                        VCustom kit,
                        TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
                        HDI Cymbals.

Comment

Brufordwannabe,

You want me to stick my neck out on the line? You got it!

First of all, this is a dumb ass question. How old are you? Do you think that music and drumming is still a competition about chops and gusto? Musicians like you make me sick. I think he is better than him, no he's got better chops and can play 32 note double bass at 300 bpm, but he uses vdrums and he can play upside down in a cage.

Wake up man! Are you still trying to master all of Bruford's chops? Do you set up you kit just like him? Mature a little and get out of your bubble. There is more to drumming and music than immitating others, even if they are good players.

Maybe the reason people did not respond seriously to your post is because they have moved beyond imitation and are more interested in creating their own drumming. We all have heros, but at some point you have to move on and become your own drummer. Constantly comparing musicians, especially two accomplished ones, is self defeating. Damn I'm pissed!

Sorry about the rant and rave guys, not usually in my character.

Oh yea, I'm totaly fartnokker and c. jude, Peart would kick Brufords ass all over the place!
                          V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

Zendrums
                            Oh, spit the dummy !!!!!!

I'm getting back in my pram
                            -------------

Jackeen

Comment

Whoa! Zen! He just posed the queston. Ok, so his money is on Bruford. Doesn't mean he'd take offense at a 'Peart' vote.

I didn't answer because I don't think I could pick Bruford out of the pack. I no doubt HAVE heard him... just never been told; "Hey, That's Bruford." So I don't have an opinion.

I do have a few heros and I know their names, but I'm not about to go setting one against another, because their styles are too different. And besides, they ALL make me look silly!
                              My website...
                              VCustom kit,
                              TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
                              HDI Cymbals.

Comment

Working...
                              X