Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Head problem making me dizzy ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head problem making me dizzy ...

One of my Hart Kontrol screen heads (snare) has developed a hole after only 2 months use. I am by no means a heavy hitter. Anyway, I swapped that head for one of the toms. Now I'm having an awful time trying to get the head tension worked out.

Any suggestions on a better head?

Any ideas how to get the head tension working properly?

Originally posted by c. jude
    Are they on Hard drums or some other brand?
    Hard drums??
    My website...
    VCustom kit,
    TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
    HDI Cymbals.
    A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

Hard Head I get it!

Not often. But I get it!

My website...
      VCustom kit,
      TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
      HDI Cymbals.
      A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

Yep, the head is on my Hart Studio Standard kit. I was quite surprised myself ... given all the good things I'd heard about these heads. They're less than two months old!

Anyway, I guess I'll order some spares from Drumbalaya ... can't hurt to have them anyway.

As regards the tensioning thing, I should have been more specific: I'm trying to work the tension out to the TD-8's satisfaction. Apparently, in order for the positional sensing to work correctly on the snare, it's supposed to be tensioned properly from the TD-8's point of view.

Comment

Working...
        X