Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of my set >>>>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of my set >>>>>

I'm sure you guys are tired of seeing lame sets, but I just got a new camera. It's nothing like what most of you guys have, but here it is.

As I've said in the past, I'm more an acoustic drummer, but I live in an apartment right now, so got a set of VDrums last year. It's a Roland Studio set that came with the TD-8. It's great because it has dual trigger PD-7s & 9s. I got it as a "demo" from Guitar Center although it had never been played (or even pluged in). It was only $1,500 USD. I added a PD-120 for the snare. That's about it - nothing special.

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ian.thomas; 02-10-03, 09:01 PM.

Sorry the pics are so big. Here is another.

Notice I use PD-9s for the HH & ride.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ian.thomas; 02-10-03, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Nice drums, I still like rubber pads, alot less maintenance. The mesh snare pad is a nice touch.
      Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Originally posted by jrcel
        Nice drums, I still like rubber pads, alot less maintenance. The mesh snare pad is a nice touch.
        Thanks jrcel

When I got the drums I was primarily shopping for price. Although I have fallen in love with eDrums since, I originally got the set for practice. The V-Concert was way out of my price range and although I liked the mesh of the V-Custom, I could not justify another $1,000 and I really like having all dual triggers.

I got the set right when the V-Club was coming out, so I think that's why GC gave me such a good price. The way I saw it was, Roland will continue to make the TD-8, PD-7 & 9s, so how could I go wrong!

P.S. - I got the PD-120 (new) off eBay for $223 including shipping.

Comment

Those are some shiney pads! Is that snare sunburst? Or is that just the shadow? Looks very cool.
          V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

zendrums -

It's more of a fade. I think all the red and purple Rolands have this type of finish. The shadow might have added to it a little too.

Thanks for the comments!

Comment

Yeah, I was gonna comment on the shiney-ness too. What do you use to clean those babys? Anything in particular?

Comment

I think some of the shininess is from the lighting and the camera flash. I don't do anything special except wipe them off with a scott towel and windex every now and then. The only other secret I have is I don't play them enough, thus keeping that new look lasting a long time!

* Also, I just thought about it. I didn't get these last year - I got them a couple of years ago. That's even more sad that they still look new. I need to play more!!
                Last edited by ian.thomas; 02-11-03, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Do you have any problems playing in your apartment with noise vibrations transmitting through the floor or walls into a neighbor's unit?

Comment

Originally posted by jdsail
                    Do you have any problems playing in your apartment with noise vibrations transmitting through the floor or walls into a neighbor's unit?
                    Yeah I do. I'm on the third floor and noise transfers into the floor. This apartment seems better than the last one I lived in, because the floor seems more solid and the downstairs neighbor has not complained. In my other apartment the girl below banged on her ceiling. I wrote her a note and she was cool after she knew what I was doing and not just banging on the floor. I don't have any problems with the walls. If I lived on the bottom floor no one would hear me.

Comment

That's a nice set and the camera takes great pictures. Let me just add though that you can't beat the Rolands for playing "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue"

Comment

Originally posted by kv968
                        .........the camera takes great pictures.
                        Thanks. I really know nothing about cameras or taking good pictures. My wife wanted a digital so we went shopping. We decided on the Fuji Finepix 3800. It's a 3.2 and is a little bigger than the current trend of small pocket size cameras, which we like because there's more to hold on to. Also, the zoom is really good. The going price is $400, but I found it online for $300.

So far I'm very happy with it. The only thing I wish it had is a video output. My wife has pictures of cell models and our monitor is too small to see the detail w/out zooming in. The current Fuji card reader also does not have a video output, but maybe soon another company will make one that does.

Comment

Working...
                        X