Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Political Realization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Realization

I just figured out that this proposed war on Iraq really just the next step in wiping out rock music!

First they force Sadam to give up his band weapons of destruction... next it'll be grunge bands in Seattle!

Next thing you know Pete Townshend wont be allowed to smash his guitar at the end of the show! (Disgusting, maybe. But within his rights, yes?)

I say we need to stand up for musicians around the world - whether it be America, Britain, Korea, Iraq or wherever - and not allow governments to take away our Band Weapons of Destruction!!

And what exactly are "Band Weapons of Mass Destruction"? Is that some obscure anti-Catholic thing?

And they call us 'Dumb Drummers'!
    My website...
    VCustom kit,
    TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
    HDI Cymbals.
    A great site: eDrumming.com

I think it's all about naming your band.
    Why be so aggresive?? Powell has got a point, The band Weapons of Destruction, that's not a loving name.Why don't call your band Army of Lovers? (wait...there was....) Or something else more positive?

Greetz,
    Cas
    DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Re: Political Realization

Originally posted by Ranman
      First they force Sadam to give up his band weapons of destruction... next it'll be grunge bands in Seattle!
      Yoikes!!!

I swear, mister, I haven't played in a grunge band in years!!! Please, don't hurt me...

-Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Re: Political Realization

And what exactly are "Band Weapons of Mass Destruction"? Is that some obscure anti-Catholic thing?

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. It's a misprint. It should have read, "Brand: "Weapons Of Destruction".

In an attempt to diversify their revenue stream Iraq is branching out into designer military clothing, hand-made from petroleum derivatives by Kurdish political prisoners. Hey, they have the oil, and cheap labor ...... they could compete!

Weapons Of Destruction is to be the first line out.

Oh, that wacky Saddam .... what a card.

Later Yo,
        E2P,
        monitoring news from across the universe ...

Comment

Re: Re: Political Realization

Originally posted by OldGuy_E2P

No, no, no, you've got it all wrong. It's a misprint. It should have read, "Brand: "Weapons Of Destruction".
          But I could have sworn I heard Colon Baby droning on repeatedly yesterday about "Iraq's manufacturing and using band weapons of mass destruction".

Now, I realize that musicians are prone to refer to their instruments as 'axes', as in: "Hey dude, where's yer ax, man!?" But I never really thought people would take that literally!!

And we 'e' drummers use triggers all the time!

Great googaly-moogaly! Keep quiet about your snare trigger machine-gunning!!
          My website...
          VCustom kit,
          TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
          HDI Cymbals.

Comment

Does anyone else find it odd that the three most powerful men in our country are named, Bush, **** and Colon?

Comment

Ok, that got me.
              My website...
              VCustom kit,
              TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
              HDI Cymbals.

Comment

I thought this was going to be a right wing tome. my bad.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Political Realization

Great googaly-moogaly! Keep quiet about your snare trigger machine-gunning!!
                  I thought that was a feature. Is it a double top-secret feature?

E2P,
                  Shining Happy Boy!

Comment

next step in wiping out rock music!
                    Sure is it not already dead - the majority here seem to be "church" folk - whatever happened to the wild old days of sex, drugs etc.

later

-------------

Jackeen

Roland TD12 V- kit,VH12 hi hat, Hart Prosnare, Hart Ecymbals II 14' Crash & China, 9' splash, DB Tech' S400, Axis double pedals, sonor twin effect and no feckin talent

Comment

What do ya think steered us to Church?
                      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo
                        What do ya think steered us to Church?
                        AMEN Brother Boingo! Can I get a witness?
                        Boom Theory Spacemuffins
                        TD6
                        HDI Cymbals

Comment

Secy. of State Chant

If you sing the words "Colin Powell" in place of "Soul Power" in the James Brown song of the same name, it becomes an eerie chant which makes me want to destroy Iraq myself. This works particularly well on Maceo Parker's Live "Life on Planet Groove." Think about it next time you hear it, you won't ever hear the words "soul power" again. Hmmm...

Comment

ah, another jingo'est .well there seams to be a lot of you. when did art become the domain of the right.

Comment

Lighten up, Francis .....

Originally posted by cpgrossman
                              ah, another jingo'est .well there seams to be a lot of you. when did art become the domain of the right.
                              Gee, CPGrossman, you seem to spoiling for an arguement, or at least a heated debate on the merits of conservative vesus liberal polilitics.

This forum is for people who hit stuff with sticks rhythmically, the electronic interpretation thereof, and how it all fits into the art of music. I don't see how political agendizing fits the picture.

Ease up and enjoy the ride.

JMHOICBW
                              E2P
                              jingo, jingo, jingo ...... jingo all the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X