Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is a quote from Sonic State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a quote from Sonic State

and we all know how hard it can be for some drummers to operate tricky bits of technology
    This is from an article regarding the SPD6
    http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=1006
    I am getting fed up with the attitude that drummers are Neanderthals who can only manage to hit objects with sticks and nothing more. To have a company that calls itself "The electronic drum comapny" perpetuate this myth is more than I can stand.
    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

You missed the ":0" at the end of the statement.
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Yeah, and then let's light a bag of dog poop on fire and ring their door bell.....

Actually, that is an incredibly insulting attitude.
      Roland V-Custom (TD-8)
      A Zildjian Cymbals (1 K crash)
      Titan 1000 rack
      QSC RMX 850 amp
      Madison speakers
      DW Hardware

Comment

I agree. I've been a drummer for 32 years, yet I somehow manage to run a network of computers, an A/V studio, and still find time to watch SpongeBob and pick my nose. Perhaps in some people's minds the word "drummer" sounds too much like "dumber." Go figure. Although I did appreciate the smiley at the end of their article.

Comment

Patrick's chops on "Sweet Victory" is overrated IMO.

Comment

huh?

Originally posted by skeelsd
            Patrick's chops on "Sweet Victory" is overrated IMO.
            Ok, I'm just a dumb drummer... but I don't get this.
            My website...
            VCustom kit,
            TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
            HDI Cymbals.
            A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

No one is dumberer than me...
              >>-FiSh*>

Comment

Unsophisticated Neandertal(s) refuted

Sorry Ranman, let me explain.

The suggestion implied by the Sonicstate reviewer; refuted by jrcel, clymore, c.jude, BamBam and Brian James, et. al. warranted the literary use of hyperbole and irony to further dispel the notion that we (drummers) are, and I quote "dumb."

Patrick, apparently playing Bill Bruford's e-castoffs (not easily recognized re-tooled Simmons), plays drums for SBSP (SpongeBob Squarepants), who sings "Sweet Victory" for Squidword (sp?) who wants to show up Sqwilliam Fancypants, Bikini Bottom's richest inverterbrate. Complicated, huh? I've heard some (Purdy, Blaine) who claim Patrick played on early King Crimson takes, but I got stoned with Patrick at NAMM once and he denied it.

My syncopation is inutile and my audioacoustic awareness invidious (bought Roland (TD8v1.10 rocks!) didn't I?) and since I have been recognized by my peers (my style's been described as "inelastic scattering"), my opinion of Patrick as "most overrated" is warranted due (quite frankly) to my position as a masterbeater.

To think of us as "dumb" is ineffableness. The industrial indwelling opinion of us as children is ineludible. Need I say more?

P.S.

Roland sucks.

Comment

That was one of the funniest posts I have read in a while, thanks Skeelsd.

Joe
                  V-Concert, Visu-Lite Cymbals, BBE 482's, Behringer Multicom, Alesis D5

Comment

thesaurus: a small plant eating dinasaur that hurls multi-sylabic insults at it's natural enemies.
                    Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

mmmm, i reckon them's fightin' words? I don't know, I think I'm losing brain cells living south of the Mason/Dixon line..
                      Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

Comment

Working...
                      X