Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recorded w/ my E's recently... woo-hoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recorded w/ my E's recently... woo-hoo!

Hi folks.

I was recently hired for a pit orchestra, using a TD-5 kit and an SPD-6 MIDIed into the -5. No outboard gear, running through a loaned keyboard(?) amp. In yesterday's rehearsal, we had to do a bit of recording. The setup was a general-direction mic going into one of those palm-sized recording modules. I was running the stock Jazz Patch and one acoustic cymbal(15" Sabian HH Sound Control crash). My kit sounded great! I was blown away. sound files should be coming soon, I'll post when I get it.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised at how well my TD-5 performed. No one was complaining about the osunds coming out until now, and one of tyhe guitarists was amazed at "How much like drums" they sounded. But I was a little skeptical. How old is that module now, almost ten years? But I heard it through this recording, and I was shocked at how clean it sounded.

Files pending, groove on.

-Jaay

glad to hear you had a good time........cool
    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

As long as you have good 16 bit sounds, you'll get good results. Everything else is beside the point. I've heard the TD5 and I think it sounds great as well.
      Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

The TD-5 was what finally made me realize that Electronic Drums were not toys. I work a consultant (PC Networks) and when he found out I played drums he told me he had an E-drum kit. I quickly ranted on how awful they were and how I'd never touch one. Finally, a year later I relented and was totally blown away. It made me a total convert.

I've since learned the TD-5's limitations, but just about anything since pretty much solves my biggest gripes (the ride cymbal and how you have to hit it at different strengths to get the bell or bow sound, as well as allowing dual zone pads and dumping those hard rubber pads)

I may actually be getting an electronic drum kit soon, if my wife doesn't kill me. I don't think she beleives I'll do it since I have been talking about it for so long, but that $1899 DTXtreme is just too hard to resist. Now all I have to do is figure out where to put it....
        That Dan Guy

Comment

I just spent a good part of the afternoon using my V-Clubs to lay down drum tracks for a new CD my band is doing. Stereo feed from the TD6 direct to a PC running Cool Edit Pro, playing to a click and and a reference track. I had to tweak the levels a couple of times, as the Hart ProSnare was running a little hot, but aside from that it was quick, easy and painless and the drums sound great. For this track I used a kit I had previously tweaked the hell out of for our live performances. After hearing the drum track, the bass player decided he wanted to do his track over. It's amazing how good the TD6 sounds are.

Comment

Working...
          X