Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Stage recordings - Let's try this one more time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Stage recordings - Let's try this one more time...

I tried to post these recordings yesterday, but had problems with the Windows Media license issues. So here they are again converted to MP3 format. Here is my original message too:

These are recordings from our first show last weekend. We do a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute. Obviously, one song is an Allman Brothers song. This was the first time that I used the drums live. I ran only one channel that night. Next time I'll run 4, because the sound man had trouble cranking the bass drum up to where he likes it without having to adjust everything else on the TD-8 to do so. I basically used one kit the entire night. It is the Rosewood kit and the only drum I modified was the Snare. I adjusted the shell depth from Deep to Normal, and tuned it to +6. The cymbals are: 14" HH, 16" med crash, 18" med crash, 20" rock ride, and 20" China. I've really enjoyed these drums since I got them last month and look forward to learning a lot more about them. Check out the samples and let me know what you think, or if you have any suggestions. I also want to thank SHEP2112 for hosting the files. Take care,

Saturday Night Special

Gimme Back My Bullets

Free Bird

Melissa
    Last edited by crazystix; 01-19-03, 08:33 AM.
    Chris

works for me. . Sounds good mate!

Comment

So why didn't you do that first time around

Not bad , not bad !!!!!
      -------------

Jackeen

Roland TD12 V- kit,VH12 hi hat, Hart Prosnare, Hart Ecymbals II 14' Crash & China, 9' splash, DB Tech' S400, Axis double pedals, sonor twin effect and no feckin talent

Comment

Originally posted by jackeen
        So why didn't you do that first time around

Not bad , not bad !!!!!

Well, I thought I had everything mixed perfect because that's the way it sounded coming out of my TDA-700 amp. It's a different story though the way they sound through the PA. So in the future, I'll run 4 channels. You live and you learn!
        Chris

Comment

Hey Crazystix, sounds real good!
          Was the sound coming out of the PA and recorded with mic's or was the recording direct from the board?
          You're a good drummer.
          (Chrome Hart BX Kit, TD 8 Module, All Roland Cymbals, Electrovoice SXA 250 Powered Monitor, Yamaha 10/2 Mixer, Alesis Pico Verb, BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer, Samson S-Phone Headphone Amp/Mixer), V Club Kit, Boss BR-8 Digital Recorder, Sony 7509 Headphones, Roc & Soc's
          Charcoal Gray Metallic GMS Kit, Turquoise Sparkle Slingerland Kit. Many Zildjians...
          DRUMS - WOOHOO! I'm SILLY!

Comment

Originally posted by drumkit
            Was the sound coming out of the PA and recorded with mic's or was the recording direct from the board?
            Thanks for the compliments. I recorded it by plugging my Minidisc recorder directly into the board through the board's RCA outputs. I set the recording level at soundcheck and just let it run. I used one minidisc for each set.
            Chris

Comment

Re: V-Stage recordings - Let's try this one more time...

Originally posted by crazystix

Saturday Night Special

Gimme Back My Bullets

Free Bird

Melissa [/B]

Can you please put some of the songs online again.
              I'm not sure I should buy this nice set of V-drums on E-Bay and hearing your recordings could really help me on deciding what to do.

Thanks,
              -Leo

Comment

Re: Re: V-Stage recordings - Let's try this one more time...

Originally posted by 9905769

Can you please put some of the songs online again.
                I'm not sure I should buy this nice set of V-drums on E-Bay and hearing your recordings could really help me on deciding what to do.

Thanks,
                -Leo
                Please email me your email address and I'll send you a song or 2. Or go to our website at www.onthehunt.net and click on the music sample link on the home page. Thanks,

Chris
                [email protected]
                Chris

Comment

Working...
                X