Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

most overated drummer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most overated drummer!

all right guys,weve had a poll naming your 3 most favorite drummers,now i want to know what everybody thinks is the most overrated drummer(ie worst drummer out there)i can tell you my vote is for ringo starr!, just curious what everybody thinks,thanks!

sigh

Someone else correct this kid...I'm tired and I'm going to bed.

Comment

Re: sigh

Originally posted by Quatzu
      Someone else correct this kid...I'm tired and I'm going to bed.
      I hear ya and I'm wit ya.
      Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Me too.
        Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

nall putt or any one stupid enuf to go with the majors.

Comment

ringo............every lick he laid down,perfect for the tune.my worst/overrated has to be L A R S . l8tr
            -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Ringo kept it simple but he was a human metronome. I agree with LARS being over-rated (especially since the Napster battle).
              Last edited by clymore; 01-17-03, 10:28 AM.
              I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

ringo overrated......DUH

Ringo's only solo on Abbey Road shows what a metronome he was!! And he could play anything! Heavy rock on the white album and gentle music like Till there was you.
                Ringo's the founder of modern drumming...well maybe not the founder but he showed the world!
                Wow.....blow of steam.........
                And........HAPPY
                Last edited by Caspar; 01-17-03, 10:21 AM.
                DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

For many years while growing up I thought the same ..... Ringo may not have the chops of Buddy .... but he did lay down a solid back-beat for the Beatles.
                  He also had some ingenious kicks & fills that are still being copied today.

Bad drummer? ...... agreed, Lars comes right to mind.
                  -Dana

Comment

Ringo not only was a good drummer but he pushed the envelope with the sounds he was producing, for the era. I have a hard time saying Ringo is overrated when he makes that kind of money. He must be doing something right.

Comment

Well stated, Chris!

I believe when the money becomes more important than the music, the music suffers.

That also applies to the Contemporary Christian Music industry. I teach drums (and some guitar) at a music store owned by the father of a major CCM recording artist. This artist records with a record label in Franklin TN, that i$ quick to let you know where their prioritie$ exi$t. I don't think they care if the mu$ic ha$ a me$$age or not a$ long a$ their need$ are $ati$fied. Nuff $aid?

Terry
                      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I never cared for Peter Chris, Rikki Rocket, Joe X Dube... Well I don't know if Rikki & Joe were ever actually rated at all - over or under. But I never cared for either of them.
                        Some of my favorites are Gregg Bissonette, Jonathan Mover & many more.
                        Ringo is great. The world of music wouldn't have been the same without him.
                        Joey Krammer is one of my favs too. Kind of like Ringo in the respect of keeping a super solid, perfect for the song beat.
                        (Chrome Hart BX Kit, TD 8 Module, All Roland Cymbals, Electrovoice SXA 250 Powered Monitor, Yamaha 10/2 Mixer, Alesis Pico Verb, BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer, Samson S-Phone Headphone Amp/Mixer), V Club Kit, Boss BR-8 Digital Recorder, Sony 7509 Headphones, Roc & Soc's
                        Charcoal Gray Metallic GMS Kit, Turquoise Sparkle Slingerland Kit. Many Zildjians...
                        DRUMS - WOOHOO! I'm SILLY!

Comment

Re: most overated drummer!

Originally posted by pitmonster
                          ...the most overrated drummer(ie worst drummer out there)i can tell you my vote is for ringo starr...
                          Just. Plain. Wrong.

Comment

agreed .... %100

Now if someone said "Mickey Dolenz", I would agree but believe have never even seen him classified as a "drummer" ... never mind an "over-rated drummer".
                            -Dana

Comment

I thought all drummers were overrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X