Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acid Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acid Owners

Ok, I don't know if this is something I can post or not. My intent is good

I've been looking at acid again...I have an older version, but it still works.

anyway, I have a few CD's left and am looking to get some newer ones. I have no problem purchasing them if I like them, but really have no idea if I will UNTIL i heard them. I know they give you like 2-4 samples at their site...but not enough for me to plunk down $50xhowever many cd's.

what I'm proposing is, if anyone else has acid CD's would they being willing to "swap" copies to preview?

Personally, I believe an artist or company that makes something deserves to be paid for it! I'm fine with that, if I know it's what I want.

I hope that made sense. Anyone with similar feelings, let me know.

Thanks!

Chad
    There are only three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!

Chad

Hey Chad, you might want to try contacting the manufacturers with your question. It seems totally within reason to me. I have maybe 15 or 20 sample cd's here, but they're mostly synths and pads and things, not much in the way of drums. Maybe they'd be willing to send you some more sounds, or some demo songs they've done using their sounds. Then you can't really steal their sounds, cause they're in a complete mix arrangement, and you can get a much better idea of how they sound than hearing half of a drum kit or whatever, you know? Most companies I've seen have demo songs, but they're too short sometimes.. Give it a shot!

Lemme know how you make out,
    -Eric
    Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. They do have demo songs, but sooooooo many times they will use 1 beat threw the whole song. I never got that much into acid before, so I'm not sure if that's the idea behind it.

I actually wish they had preview stations at stores...I understand cost...but then I could listen to ALL the samples and they wouldn't have to woryy about me not paying. AND I wouldn't have to worry about paying $50 for something I will never use.

Thanks again! I will call SF with my problem. They are only 2 hours from me, so...
      There are only three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't!

Chad

Comment

Okay cool.. I wasn't sure if you were looking for just loops or samples alone as well.

When you're using Acid, think of it like regular composing. If you switch to a chorus, change the feel of everything else to match it. Then it won't sound like a bunch of loops, it'll sound like a more coherent piece.

Lemme know what they say,
        cya!
        -Eric
        Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

Comment

Working...
        X