Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KD-80 Slippage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-80 Slippage

I've heard some solutions to slipping of the KD-80, but i'm just trying to find out what other people do to stop that drum wandering? I get the problem all the time and it drives me crazy when that pad is moving further and further away from me.

Quote from the Roland UK website: -

Four-leg stand prevents slipping even during aggressive playing

LIARS!!!!
    Gear: TD8KV. Tama Superstar http://photobucket.com/albums/d62/Danny_Sticks/
    Bands: www.myspace.com/njoyband
    www.myspace.com/station14

I do the same

I had the same problem on our church stage which is covered with that thin "commercial carpet" with a really short nap. I use about a 4' x 4' sqaure piece of thicker carpet that the entire kit including my throne sits on. This way the spikes dig into the carpet and the weight of me and the kit keep the carpet from sliding.
    My favorite hangout Rohs Street Cafe

Comment

This was by far the best solution I found. The KD-80 goes nowhere with this set-up:

MAPA Drummat and Bass Drum Anchor

The MAPA anchor sticks to MAPA rug like velcro. My KD-80 doesn't slip at all anymore, even with heavy double bass playing.
      Chris

Comment

I added another bar to my kit at the right hight and mounted my bass drum pad to it. The tube for the KD-80 is the same diameter as the rack. I haven't had any crosstalk problems, but I'm not a heavy hitting bass drummer. It has worked great for me.
        Drum Lord
        Pearl Mimic on Alesis Strike Kit
        My Homepage
        My YouTube Channel

Comment

Well thanks for all the feedback, but i found another solution although it has proved considerably more expensive. See attached pic to see how i stopped that pd-80 from moving
          Attached Files

Comment

Works for me! When do you start shipping!?
            My website...
            VCustom kit,
            TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
            HDI Cymbals.
            A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

Didn't you get one with your kit? She must have fallen in the box when Roland packed mine then, or was it an optional extra, i can't remember now.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny159753
                Didn't you get one with your kit? She must have fallen in the box when Roland packed mine then, or was it an optional extra, i can't remember now.
                LOL !

mine is a brown one

Comment

Protection Racket do two different sized drum mats. They have a gel back so won't move on any surface. Reasonably priced as well. Maybe only available in the UK though so this post is just for you fellow Brits.
                  TD8-KV, Gibraltar 350C & 150C, PD-120, PD80's x 3, KD80, CY12H, CY12R/C x 2, CY15R (not fixed, yet), PD-7, Yamaha FD750 twin kicks, Sennheiser HD25 SP cans, Behringer Truth (B2031) monitors, Soundcraft Spirit ES mixer.

Comment

www.drumat.com
                    Attached Files

Comment

I used nylon cable ties...Some people call them zip ties. I just made a loop around the the top of the bar where the legs adjust then tethered it through those loops with longer loops around the legs of the rack near the bracing. I have had NO crosstalk problems and I am an aggressive bass palayer! The ties actually seem to absorb any vibration before it transfers to the rack. Neccesity is the mother if invention! Or is it Whatever works? Sorry no pics avail, but trust me...THIS WORKS!
                      Custom acoustic conversion
                      Roland TD-8
                      Hart S Cymbals

Comment

Protection Racket Mat

Hi,

I use the smaller Protection Racket mat - 28 to 35 quid depending on where you buy it (available from most good UK drum stores I've seen - especially the online ones). It works very well (I have the spikes going down into it too which probably helps).

I'm using it in laminate flooring and it doesn't slip at all....I suspect it probably helps dampen the sound downstairs a bit but you wouldn't think that if you heard my girfriend's complaints about the noise from upstairs !!!!

Regards,

Paul
                        TD 8 KV, Beyer Dynamic DT 150 Headphones, Tama HP 200 pedal

Comment

Working...
                        X