Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Santa bring to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did Santa bring to you?

I'm sure 2002 was adventurous in many ways for a lot of us, but I'm interested in finding out what new drum/percussion toys our community got for Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanzaa.

Likewise, if you were a bad little drummer boy and didn't get anything, what are you going to buy yourself in 2003?

I received a Roland TD-10 memory card and I'm considering purchasing myself a 18" visu-lite china later this month. Also, thinking about getting rid of my DTXtpress and upgrading to DTXtreme.

Santa brought a bouncing baby Mini van to replace the car that died a week before Christmas. He also brought six year's worth of payment coupons... so I suspect it'll be a little while before I find a few extra coins to make a drum purchase.

I can count my 5 Hart cymbals, though, since they arrived not long before Christmas.
    My website...
    VCustom kit,
    TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
    HDI Cymbals.
    A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

Santa brought me a new band to play in.

And he finally got my mini van paid off -- I feel for you Ranman. I just went the 6 year marathon. ugh.

So far, the only toys he's gotten me are a pair of Yorkville 15" speakers, but I hear the amp is due this Friday.

-bruce
      eDrums: TD-12, PDX-8 , PD-8s, CY12R/C, CY-8s, CY5, KD-8, MDS-10PL rack, SPD6
      aDrums: Pearl Masters Studio (Birch) 7pc, Zildjian & Sabian Paragon Cymbals, Pearl Hardware & rack

Comment

Ordered and on its way.
        Studio

Comment

Colored MIDI cables for my Zendrum hook up, and some great new hats to wear while standing up playing the Zendrum - yeah, like I gould get any more cool looking!!

But my birthday is tomorrow (1/1) and that means I can buy all the drum stuff I want all year long.... he he he!
          Driving a great song is better than driving a great car!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/landin82/

Comment

Originally posted by TomLandin
            ...my birthday is tomorrow (1/1)...
            Well, happy birthday, my friend! Where's the party? Can I bring Mrs. Ranman?
            My website...
            VCustom kit,
            TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
            HDI Cymbals.

Comment

i got an spd-20 and mini boom w/stacker........too cool.......i start acting really good about the 22nd of december.so if anyone asks i can say...."why yes,i've been very good."
              -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Hi

I got a TD8 kit, have played with it so much that, er, it hurts to sit on the stool. Must pay another visit to SoundAttak to get me a softer one....

Happy New Year!
                Sarah

Comment

I got my TD-8 too, and I also suffer from Sore Butt Syndrome. Six straight hours on Xmas day ... until wrists locked up completely. Tried to stand up, not so good ...

Comment

Sounds like you need some "stool softener"!!!
                    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I got my TD- too, and I also suffer from Sore Butt Syndrome. Six straight hours on Xmas day ... until wrists locked up completely. Tried to stand up, not so good ...

Comment

Originally posted by clymore
                        Sounds like you need some "stool softener"!!!
                        That's a riot! Good one, clymore!
                        My website...
                        VCustom kit,
                        TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
                        HDI Cymbals.

Comment

hehehe ... yeah, I could use something. I have a real cheapie Pearl throne, and a Dixon with backrest, etc. which I should have transferred from my acoustic kit a little earlier.

On that topic, does anyone own those ROC-SOC thrones, and how are they?

Comment

Santa brought me a tax notice........
                            damn it....

Comment

I use a Roc Soc (with a back rest) at church. It is pretty comfortable while sitting waiting to play. While I am playing, I hardly notice the comfort. I kinda sit on the front edge of whatever I use. As long as it is the right height, I could sit on a cardboard box!
                              I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X